Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Problem with Terrasync and Coordinates systems files.

Diego Paul Herrera Castillo's profile image
Diego Paul Herrera Castillo posted 04-18-2021 20:07
I got a Trimble TSC2 Ranger data collector I bought used on ebay some months ago. It has Trimble Terrasync v5.30 Profesional installed. The collector and software both always worked well. Today I created a new file. When I was going to select the coordinate system on Terrasync, none appears. Only latitude/longitude. As the user guide says I transferred the coordinates system file I needed from Pathfinder Office using the data transfer tool. "Transfer sucessfull" message appears, I reboot the collector, but, when I check terrasync "setup/coordinate system" again, still nothing appears, only latitude/longitude. I'm aware that this problem is solved by reinstalling the terrasync software on the device, but as I said before I bought the collector used with the software previoulsy installed, so that means I don't have any registration code or key. So if I try to reinstall the software is a fact that It will ask for activation, and that means I will lose the license and couldn't use the software anymore. Do you know another solution for my problem? To fix the installation without reinstall the software complete? Or any other way to transfer the coordinates system files in order to terrasync show them? Thanks a lot for you help.

Laura Cook's profile image
Laura Cook
Hello, 

This forum is for Trimble Connect product specific questions and topics. You might get more help if you post in the correct forum: Mapping and GIS Solutions