Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Trimble Connect metadata templates

Javier Bernal's profile image
Javier Bernal posted 01-13-2022 03:26
Hi everyone,

I would like to know if it´s possible to create different metadata templates and apply one or another depending on the project.

As I work in several projects with different clients, I need different metadata on each of them, as clients require their own metadata, so this is very important to me as I can imagine to more people as well.

Thank you all, have a nice day.
Darshan Rajaram Kamat's profile image
Darshan Rajaram Kamat
Hi Javier,
If your query is about File Metadata templates (custom attributes that can be added to files)  - the metadata template is determined by the owning Account . Within an Account, the template is same and cannot be changed for individual projects. (Documentation).

Hope this answers your query.  Please correct me if I misunderstood your query. 

Regards
Darshan Kamat
Javier Bernal
Hi Darshan. So we have to use the same metadata template for all the projects within the company? That is not very useful because the project requirements change a lot between them.

One example could be to have a custom atribute with the different companies working in one project.

Could be possible to develop a solution for this and be able to create more metadata templates and link them with different projects?

Thanks a lot.

Darshan Rajaram Kamat's profile image
Darshan Rajaram Kamat
Hi Javier,
Your input is valuable. The current feature was developed for the use case where an Account would like to have a uniform template across all its projects. 
However, we had hypothesis of permutations and combinations where each project could have more attributes in addition to the pre-defined templates and who in the project can define / administer this. 

This feature will evolve in future. We will take your feedback and add it to our backlog. 

Regards
Darshan Kamat
Javier Bernal
Thanks a lot Darshan, please keep us posted on the development.

Have a nice day.