Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Assembly label

Marcin Staszczyk's profile image
Marcin Staszczyk posted 06-07-2021 10:10

Hello!

Short one: how to customize assembly/part label in TC?

At this moment my label is composed out of:

'Steel Assembly' comes from IfcElementAssembly   

In my 'Additional property sets, I have no property like 'Product Name' nor 'top/bottom elevation'. I've tried to find it in TC documentation, with no result.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Export type:
Kind Regards,
Marcin

Laura Cook's profile image
Laura Cook
Hi Marcin, 
Could you please attach the image you are referring to? 

Also, how was the label created?
Marcin Staszczyk

Hello Laura!

I don't mean the label in ToDo, but the.. filed..pop-up something  in the view, when you right click an a part/assembly. How is it even called in the documentation?
Now the screen should work:

https://i.imgur.com/GgW1ITD.png

How to customize it?

Kind Regards
Marcin

Jari Juntunen's profile image
Jari Juntunen
Hi Marcin,

The “steel assembly “ is the name of the object. It is coming from the original authoring application and cannot be edited in Trimble Connect.

There is a way to add editable data to objects in Connect by using the Property Sets feature of the Workflow Extensions in the browser 3D viewer: https://docs.workflowextensions.connect.trimble.com/

Best regards,Jari
Marcin Staszczyk

Hello @Jari Juntunen 

I don't think you're right. In Tekla Structures, name of the assmebly is not "Steel Assembly". But this is how it's displayed in Trimble Connect.
"Steel Assembly" is a Product Name, name of the assembly is different, e.g. LOOSE_ELEMENTS

On the other hand, on a part level, Product Name property is the same as name of a part in Tekla

My settings:

Trimble Connect is using Product Name for a label and top/bottom level, how to customize it?

What the 'Product Name' actually is?

Kind Regards
Marcin

https://imgur.com/t7KY

Marcin Staszczyk
If you need further explanation let me know! I'm still struggling with it.
Jari Juntunen
Hi @Marcin Staszczyk ​, when I wrote that the "Name" property in Connect is coming from the authoring application, I did not mean that it is directly the value of some specific property in the model file generated by one specific authoring application. Sorry for the imprecise formulation. The Name property is created by Trimble Connect file conversion process using an algorithm that uses various inputs to create a human readable name for the various types of BIM objects in multiple supported input file formats. The inputs for the algorithm vary depending on the file format and cannot be customized by the user. I have verified with the engineering team that the Name property is not customizable in Trimble Connect.

For customizable property sets, I'd recommend using the Property Sets feature of the Workflow Extensions in the browser 3D viewer. In the example below, I have added a new property set called "My Editable Label" and given that to multiple assemblies in Connect:

Please note that the Workflow Extensions / Property Sets feature requires the Business Premium subscription and is currently available in the Connect for Browser application.

Kind regards,
Jari
Jari Juntunen
Please find the missing screen capture from my post here: