Trimble Business Center

View Only

TBC 5.52 Freezes when trying to open a project or create a new one (fresh install)

Jump to Best Answer
  •   TBC-Installation_Licensing
Austin Browne's profile image
Austin Browne posted 01-24-2022 12:32
Hello,

Hoping I can get some help here. Just did a fresh install of TBC for one of our users. TBC opens, finds the license, all appears well until trying to open a project or create a new one. The application just freezes and has to be force closed. No tell tale signs I could find in the logs I checked, I think maybe a dependency is missing or out of date. If anyone can provide me with ideas, or has experienced this issue before, your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Note: All updates are installed except for 5.60, we have to stay on 5.52 for now.
Justin Roloson's profile image
Justin Roloson Best Answer
Austin, 

I had the very same issue, and I turned off my Intel Graphics card on my comp and then switched the TBC graphics driver, in Support/options, from DirectX9/11 to Windows GD2 and everything is running smoothly now.
Shane Lyons's profile image
Shane Lyons
Hey Austin, 

Are you downloading the full install onto your local drive and running from there? Make sure you're not running off a network drive and straight from C drive and not using the online install. 

Let me know the above details and where your getting the install from and we'll go from there. 

Regards,

Shane Lyons
Austin Browne's profile image
Austin Browne
Thank you for you help! Changing the graphics driver in Options allowed me to diagnose the issue. After updating the graphics driver for the laptop I switched it back to "Automatic detection" and now it is working as normal.
Justin Roloson
Sent you a DM with all the answers.
Justin Roloson
I sent you a DM with a lot of info.