Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

• 1.  Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-10-2020 06:32

My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files into one file in TBC?

• 2.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-11-2020 10:22

Hi Allan,

You can always import multiple .job files into one TBC project. 

If you are thinking about combining TBC .vce projects, you could give a try to the Merge Survey Projects command. 

It has certain limitations on what can be merged, so hit F1 for Help once you're in the command.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Rui

• 3.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-26-2020 05:42

this only merges i think control data and not processed feature coding etc- it would be very useful to be able to fully merged two edited vce files or at least be able to " xref" or temporary insert another project file perhaps? i'm sure other software does this

• 4.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-28-2020 08:27

Hi Alan, 

I agree that it would be great to merge two edited projects. We have this request on the roadmap, but I'm not sure when it will be ready. 

• 5.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-13-2020 22:54

Hi Rui,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I now recognizes that I can import multiple job files into my TBC project. But I got another problem: Then I import a job file from my controller (TSC3) into TBC and then export the job file bag again to my controller I lose som data underways in the workflow. Then I open the job file ind my controller I don't see: Antenna high, qualitycontrol (horizontal precision, vertical precision) etc. Can you explain why this loss of data happens? And are there any way to circumvent this problem? Thank you

Allan

• 6.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-15-2020 08:53

Hi Allan,

If you would like to keep the metadata, you can use the original job file coming from your TSC3. It is how we maintain data authentication.  

TBC can export data into a .job file format, but it doesn't carry the metadata (they may have been modified). Usually users only take this route when they prepare reference points for their next job. 

Hope it helps. Thank you.

Rui

• 7.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-15-2020 22:39

Hi Rui,

Thanks again. Just to be sure: It is not possible to combine to job-files from the controller into one file if you what to keep metadata from both files? Thank you.

Allan

• 8.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-16-2020 10:21

Not as far as I know. May I ask why you need to make such a merge? Do you need to modify/edit some of the existing metadata?

• 9.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-16-2020 22:45

Hi Rui,

No I don't need to modify or edit existing metadata.

My situation is that we have done measurement from two controllers (both TSC3) and therefore have two separarte jobfile. In oure case it would be nice to have these two jobfiles in the same jobfile but in a way where you still is abel to see metadata for every point number. 

In the particular case we do mesuremet of streams. For that kind of job it is importent to keep point number in a continuous course: 1, 2, 3,4,5.........and so on. To combine two jobfiles into one jobfile you sometimes have to change point number such that point number fit together. For this operation it just would be nich if metadata was following the original mesured point.

Thanks for your help

Allan 

• 10.  Re: Hi, I am using TBC version 5.31. My question is: Is it posible to combine two job files in to one file in TBC?

Posted 09-20-2020 14:07

Hi Rui,

Maybe my answer to you in the previous mail was at bit unclear. On the internet I found this text about exporting metadata and it seems to be topic that have our interest. Soo the question is: Are there any possibilities that we in some way can copy or export a measured point into a another jobfil and still keep metadata? And can it be done from TBC or the Controller or do we need another program (trimble) to fix the problem?

Hope you can help

AllanExport of metadata