Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

• 1.  Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 01-07-2020 16:27

The setup that is being used by our survey group is TSC7s using SiteWorks.  The TSC7s connect to WiFi and run Office Sync to get updated files, and at the end of the day to upload their work.  I have had to recently do a factory reset on a controller.  The reinstalls were flawless, Office Sync has gotten the files through TCC, but I can't populate my sites, old work orders, or designs.  I haven't been able to figure out how to connect SiteWorks to the folders the information is in.  Any insight is appreciated. 

• 2.  Re: Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 01-08-2020 03:38

Have you tried putting your Connected Community settings directly into the Data Management section of Siteworks?

I use Office Synchroniser to get the designs from the office to the TCC, but use the Data Management tab within siteworks to download/upload and update the TCC from site.

• 3.  Re: Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 01-08-2020 11:31

That has been a discussion.  I'll give that a try and see how it pans out.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 01-31-2020 15:45

Hi Robert,

Are you still having this issue?  Were you able to get things connected back up? 

• 5.  Re: Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 02-03-2020 09:22

Hi Steve, 

No, we found out that the issue was that we installed some files in the wrong order.

You install SiteWorks, then leave it alone.  Install Office Synchronizer, then Sync the controller.

Once you have a successful sync, then open SiteWorks and direct it to the folder where your sites are located.

We were trying to set up SiteWorks, then Office Synchronizer.

• 6.  Re: Using a TSC7 with SiteWorks and Office Sync

Posted 02-04-2020 12:47

Hey Robert,

Yeah the order of installation can make a difference.  A key factor when setting up Sitworks for the first time is to point it to the proper data folder.  This is done on the path screen after a complete system reconstruction, or alternatively if you delete the AllSites.xml file from your C:\Trimble Synchronizer Data\<Controller Name>\Trimble SCS900 Data  that can also be used to reset the file path. 

Note that the <controller name> defaults to PC when you first run Siteworks, so if you already had a folder of data on the controller, or synced one down to the controller using Office Sync you would want to point the Siteworks path to that location.  

Hopefully you got yourself sorted out.  Let me know if you have any more questions or can't get things working.  But basically if you have a folder with all your data on it on the controller, you can delete the AllSites.xml and then the next time you start Siteworks, point it to the folder location.