Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

• 1.  Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-08-2017 13:22
      |   view attached

I would like to print out the profile slice views that can be created in TBC. I have created an existing ground surface and I would like to be able to show sample profile sections at different points around the surface, is there a way to do this?

Attachment(s)

pdf
    TBC - Surface.pdf   59 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-08-2017 15:28

Agree with this, be able to slice and then plot a cross section view without the need for alignments etc

• 3.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-15-2017 08:21

The only way I've been able to do this without alignments is just do a screenshot and paste it into paint and print it off.

• 4.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-15-2017 08:37

Erik

Been a request of mine/others in uk  for quite a while to be able to simply slice across and produce a cross section with alignments.

• 5.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-15-2017 10:00

I am new to the #advanced#drafting with ##tbc, and I am loving it so far, almost replaced my need for #C3D So, am I to understand that I can only print profiles if I create a plan set, which requires alignments and corridors? If you have existing ground that you are trying to show to engineers I won't need an alignment, although they're simple enough to create, and I for sure won't have, or need, a corridor. A screen shot is a good work around, and I may use my SnagIt software to do that, but that isn't going to look to professional.

How do you submit a request for something like this?

• 6.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-15-2017 10:08

I know that you can create a alignment with a line string, then attached a

surface to a corridor and do it that way. If you want detailed instructions

let me know.

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 11:00 AM, slahann@cap-az.com <trimble@jiveon.com>

• 7.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-15-2017 10:16

But for those of use that don't deal with alignments and corridors(much) yet still want sections this option would be useful. Maybe be able to just select a line string instead and use that to create sections from?

Alan

• 8.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 11-08-2017 08:28

@@Erik Petersen could you send me the instructions for 

"create an alignment with a line string, then attached a

surface to a corridor and do it that way."

It would be appreciated as its slow going with trial and error methods

Tim  info@reencon.co.uk

• 9.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 11-08-2017 08:55

Yup. Should be on the office a little later on today.

• 10.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 11-08-2017 13:15

Thanks

• 11.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 11-14-2017 07:52

Draw your line through your project. I'm using an existing CL for the road for this example.

Then choose create alignment, click "Use an existing line" Then tab to the line box and choose the line you drew. You can ignore the vertical on your alignment and just leave the horizontal information.

The click Create Corridor, Name it, choose the horizontal alignment you created, Click ok. Begin station 0+00, New definition. Under instruction type choose "Surface", Click the surface you want to reference in the pull down menu, click Add.

This should generate a surface along your alignment that you can scroll through and look at the profile.

If you want to get more into depth and have the Drafting module you could then generate cross sections along that surface to see them at different station etc.

Let me know if you have any troubles.

• 12.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 09-02-2018 08:15

I am interested in exporting that cross sections and profile with all details from TBC to CAD with all details, how I can do that?

if you want to share any material my email is  ahmed.mokhtar@VisionKuwait.com

• 13.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 06-19-2017 09:55

Hey Sean,

As others have stated this is not currently something that can be done without alignments. It is something we can look into though, thanks.

• 14.  Re: Print or Export Surface Slicer Views

Posted 11-15-2017 14:11

I used to use CivilCAD/Magnet for design before coming 100% to TBC, and they had a really handy routine for creating X-secs from a line of separate points (say, a river cross-section).

The method was similar in principle to TBC but didn't require a surface (not possible with a line of individual points as far as I know). First, you created an alignment that was approximately perpendicular to the 'section' and set the routine to search outwards either side to 1) a set distance and 2) a set width of corridor (see scree shots below).

The great thing about it was that you could generate all of the usual cross section tables/annotations as per a full alignment design.  

I agree that collecting a few extra points to generate a surface would be the work-around in TBC, but that takes time and isn't always sensible if you're up to your groin in a flowing river or ducking site/road traffic.

Cross section search routineFinished cross sections from individual points