Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I add additional Icon Toolbars to BC-HCE?

• 1.  How do I add additional Icon Toolbars to BC-HCE?

Posted 07-24-2018 09:00

I use the ability that BC-HCE has to add additional icon toolbars to my BC-HCE icons, and customers often ask me how to do that. Enclosed is the quick guide on how to set that up. Once established the toolbars can be docked e.g. on the Right side of the screen - like those shown in the picture below, or they can be undocked and placed anywhere on the screen or on a second screen as you see fit.

Icon Toolbars in Business Center - HCE

• 2.  Re: How do I add additional Icon Toolbars to BC-HCE?

Posted 07-24-2018 09:10

The steps to create these custom toolbars are as follows

1. Start a new project
    2. Go to the project Ribbon, Set Menu Layout, and check the box that says "Use large icons for Quick Access tool" (if this is not set you will not be able to create the extended toolbars.
    3. Right click within the ribbon toolbar and select "Customize"
    4. Now you can create New Toolbars (create as many as you want). Then onto each Toolbar you can add as many commands as you need to.
    5. You can move the toolbars around on screen, and leave them docked or floating as you need them.

The additional toolbars should be used for commands that you use all the time that are not on the "Quick Access Toolbar" at the top of the screen, and are not on the menu ribbons that you use all the time - but you always need the commands. I have mine set up with the following commands that I find useful

Edit Toolbar

• Offset Line
    • Break Line
    • Join Line
    • Delete Line Segment
    • Trim and Extend Lines
    • Fillet / Chamfer
    • Clip Lines
    • Change Elevation

CAD Toolbar

• Copy
    • Move
    • Scale
    • Explode
    • Relayer

Surface Toolbar

• Create Surface
    • Add / Remove Surface Members
    • Create Breakline
    • Create Surface Edge Breakline
    • Create Surface Elevation Grid

I find these toolbars help me out a lot no matter what I am working on.

Happy Modeling

Alan

• 3.  Re: How do I add additional Icon Toolbars to BC-HCE?

Posted 07-24-2018 11:52

hello Alan,

for some reason I dont have access to Customize my ribbon. I am using version 4.11

see the photo below when I saw a video on Youtibe explaining the procedure and have different options than I have.

• 4.  Re: How do I add additional Icon Toolbars to BC-HCE?

Posted 07-24-2018 12:37

never mind for above question. i found the problem. i should check the box large icone first.

cheers