Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Utility Trench - Support for Benches

• 1.  Utility Trench - Support for Benches

Posted 02-21-2019 09:53

The Utility Module is proving to get very good feedback. However one requested feature that seems to be coming from multiple customers is to provide support for benched trenches. I am told that on housing sites it is much easier to dig benches and therefore this is a much more common approach rather than putting slopes on the trench walls. These do not seem to be supported? Or am I missing something? If not support for benched trenches would be great.

• 2.  Re: Utility Trench - Support for Benches

Posted 02-21-2019 11:32

Of course we can do benches!

Create a new project using the Utility meters project template.  Go to the template editor, select the last template in the list and then go to the side slopes tab.   This example has just one bench but you can do as many an you need.  The template works on conditional statements so depending on the depth at the last point you can tie to ground or make another bench.

In this example if the depth of the current point is >.1m then it creates a point 1m over.  Then if the depth is <1m it ties vertical.  If the point is >1m then it goes up 1m to create a point.  After that it ties to ground at a slope.  If you want to add more benches you can delete the last tie and repeat these three steps up to as deep as you need to go.

tim

• 3.  Re: Utility Trench - Support for Benches

Posted 02-22-2019 10:18

Okay - its looks easy now I see it done. Sorry! This ideal though. Many thanks.

• 4.  Re: Utility Trench - Support for Benches

Posted 02-27-2019 11:45

David

Here are a couple of Videos on how to create your own Trench Designs - this may be helpful to learn how the rench Template Designer works and thinks

• 5.  Re: Utility Trench - Support for Benches

Posted 03-11-2019 15:09

Thanks very much for this Alan. Ideal.