Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Checking VRS Receiver Heights in a TBC project

• 1.  Checking VRS Receiver Heights in a TBC project

Posted 03-14-2017 02:54

Hello,

This is my first post here so hello from Robin Hood's Nottingham and please bear with us if it's a very basic question. I've done plenty of googling and got nowhere so hopefully someone here can help.

We don't normally survey detail with VRS but we've now got a project that involves a lot of it. We'd like to be able to check receiver heights (Height and Method) and don't seem to have a simple enough way to do it. We're capturing up to a few hundred points a day and work with one project per day on the logger and in TBC. Each day will normally only have two or three Heights used and only one Method but we need to check the data for accidental errors in both of these fields. I can think of three possible approaches but don't know how to apply any of these in TBC 3.03:

1. Filtering VRS vectors by property in a manner similar to Quick Select / Selection Filter in CAD packages

2. Reporting rover Height and Method as an additional field in one of the existing reports or a standalone custom report - the problem with that is that it doesn't seem to be included in any of the standard built-in report formats so I haven't really got a starting point to work from.

3. Exporting in a format including the receiver height - again, I can't see any reason why it would be completely impossible, but it doesn't seem to be in any of the existing export formats.

We can't be the only business wanting to do this so I hope someone on here can give us some suggestions, thanks in advance for any help.

• 2.  Re: Checking VRS Receiver Heights in a TBC project

Posted 03-24-2017 08:45

It took 10 days before my original post was approved by moderators, I hope that's not the norm on here but thanks for approving nonetheless.

Anyway, I have figured out an answer myself by now:

Select all the vectors, then go to View -> Spreadsheets -> Vectors, then copy out to Excel or use in whatever manner you fancy.

Unfortunately it requires a licence and we're sharing ours between users so if anyone knows a method that works without a licence then I'm still keen to hear about it.

• 3.  Re: Checking VRS Receiver Heights in a TBC project

Posted 03-24-2017 16:16

Hey Mateusz,

Sorry to hear about the long post approval time.  I'll check into that to ensure this doesn't continue to happen.

The Vector Spreadsheet requires you to have a TBC Base license at minimum.  Do you currently have dongle licenses?  It may be beneficial for your organization to upgrade to a network license to allow easier sharing.

Cheers,

Riley Smith