Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Enhancement Request: Snap keybind/master switch

• 1.  Enhancement Request: Snap keybind/master switch

Posted 09-17-2020 15:10

I always use snaps. More often than not, I have one or more on at all times. After working in the industry for some years now, I've come to realize that I'm a part of a minority group of always-on snappers.

There are times however when I don't want to use them. Rather than have to click once to open the snap command, and then click several more times to disable my usual snaps, it'd be nice if there was a master on/off switch to enable/disable all snaps. Better yet, it'd be great if there was a keybind to do this (such as F3 for example, as with Autodesk products).

• 2.  Re: Enhancement Request: Snap keybind/master switch

Posted 09-17-2020 16:04

What are you snapping to if they are all off - Free Snap has to at least be on so you can snap in free space?

You presumably just want to suspend snaps and not turn them all off as the next thing you will want to do is turn them all on again (at least all the ones that you use - I am sure a command could be written to enable Snaps Off and Snaps On and remember the last used On state so it could restore the snaps - but I would like to know what you are snapping to when all snaps are off?

Autodesk Users may work in an all snaps off mode - that probably explains much of the terrible linework we get from CAD techs - cutting corners for speed comes at a price - pretty drawings but crappy models - be careful what you ask for ....

Alan

• 3.  Re: Enhancement Request: Snap keybind/master switch

Posted 09-17-2020 16:25

Alan,

It appears that TBC automatically enables Free Snap if all others have been turned off. Thanks for bringing it up - it helps clarify my original request.

> I'd like a simple command to enable/disable all snaps except free snap, while remembering the last used states once reenabled (as you mentioned).

(And yes, it does explain some of the poor linework we get from designers)