Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TSC7 Issues

• 1.  TSC7 Issues

Posted 01-24-2020 08:21

Majority of our crew that's using a TSC7 stumble into these common issues.

1. Whenever they do a full sync on certain projects, the error shown below pops-out and when they click 'OK', the application closes automatically. When they try to open Siteworks once again, another message shows that it's already running when in fact it is not on the Windows active applications list. At this point, they had to restart the data collector to get Sitework running again. 

2. Another issue we are having is, occasionally, when they open our design with text included, the actual text doesn't show up, but the leader line does. These texts are CAD Multiline Text entities and are in the same layer as the leader lines. This is a hit and miss problem. One time they open the design and everything looks good and complete, then once they get out of the design and open it back up, it may/may not miss the text. 

I just want to bring this issues out here to see if somebody else are experiencing these and what have you all done to get around with this problems. Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 01-27-2020 02:02

I tend to get this error if I put a site map that's particularly large on my Tablet. SCS900 seems to have the ability to load larger site maps than Siteworks. I've never come across it whilst syncing though.

I'd check the Trimble Syncroniser Data files on your connected community, might be there's an incomplete file or a .part that's throwing up the exception.

If you open the task manager then go to the "Details" tab, there will be a "siteworks.exe" or similar executable running in there. If you stop that process you should be able to restart Siteworks without restarting the handset. At least I could when mine crashed.

Hope this helps.

Matt

• 3.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 01-30-2020 10:44

Karen, 

We have multiple TSC7's in our fleet that also see similar errors. With failed sync, special characters such as " $ % @ " in file names cause troubles. We've resorted to synchronizing a specific design or work order. Unhandle application crash we typically check windows updates while experiencing this problem. Still seems intermittent on some device's more than others. We would also agree with Matt that SCS900 handles larger files better than Siteworks. 

• 4.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 01-30-2020 14:43

I was having an issue with this back in the fall but the issues seems to have been resolved.

1. Try checking the OS build of the TSC7 and make sure that is up to today. You can find the download if you Google TSC7 and look underdownloads.

***If you update the OS it will wipe everything on the data collector so make sure you back it up. I hope this is something Trimble addresses in the future because that is a huge pain. Other Bios updates do not yield the same results. **

2. Also make sure you are on 1.11, the latest build. There were some versions of Siteworks that had issues with text and syncing. Beware  1.10 has an issue with arc selection. 

• 5.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 02-15-2020 06:22

Karen

I have shared this link with Steve Dibenedetto at Trimble to make sure he sees it - I have asked him to comment / respond. I will take a look at the data specific questions and get you an answer

Are those leaders from TBC or did they originate in Autocad etc. Just so I know what I am tracking here.

If autocad could you email me the file to alan.sharp@rockpilesutions.com and I can use that to test thi gs further

Alan

• 6.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 02-19-2020 07:45

Both leader lines and text are created in TBC.

• 7.  Re: TSC7 Issues

Posted 02-18-2020 09:55

Hi there,

So the crash on sync, not exactly sure what might be going on with that.  I do note as @Adam Stanger pointed out that there are issues with folder/design names that contain special characters !@#$#% etc.  That will be fixed in an upcoming release of Siteworks, as are some other fixes for non standard time formatting (e.g. Denmark formats dates in a unique way that previously caused issues).  In general if you are seeing consistent crashes when doing a particular workflow that is repeatable, I would definitely encourage to get with your Sitech and put a support case together where the crash logs and data are sent in to Trimble support.  That is the best channel for us to get crashes reported and also start a solution process.  Also just as an aside, if you leave the "Send Diagnostic Data to Trimble" checkbox on, we do look at those logs and try to fix issues that are automatically reported around the world. 

As for the "Siteworks is already running".  I have seen this too, sometimes it's caused by relaunching Siteworks right after a crash, before the prior instance is killed by Windows.  So waiting a few seconds before restarting Siteworks can alleviate this, and if it's being particularly stubborn, doing as @Matthew Pitt suggests by looking in the task manager and killing any Siteworks instances should get you back and running. And if you have the luxury of time, a fresh reboot, while not always necessary, can help just start fresh. 

And as for the Text not appearing, that's going to be due to the way Siteworks handles multiline text and the different types of source software.  If you have some particularly egregious examples of the text not showing up you can please work with your dealer to put in a support case, and then the development team can look into that.  

• 8.  RE: TSC7 Issues

Posted 06-06-2023 14:36

I am having issues with this device loading everything slow. When running an older software to pull up the site map there isn't any lag, but when using the up-to-date Siteworks application I am having a 20 second wait time with each touch. I am running an updated device at Version 1.50. Anyone have any advice?

------------------------------
    Tanner George
    ------------------------------