Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.3 ERROR WHEN OPENING DRAWINGS

• 1.  TBC 5.3 ERROR WHEN OPENING DRAWINGS

Posted 08-11-2020 06:18

Lately i have been getting an error message when i try to open my drawings that weren't saved to my desktop. I get the error message below and it will not open and neither will the backup drawing. I then have to copy paste the .vce and the drawing folder to be able to reopen it. I do not seem to have this issue if i open drawings that i save right to my desktop. Anyway to get this to stop happening?

• 2.  Re: TBC 5.3 ERROR WHEN OPENING DRAWINGS

Posted 08-12-2020 09:33

I've noticed since I put my project folders into my dropbox folder I started getting this error.  If I pause syncing and then open/save like normal I don't get that error anymore.  Maybe it's something like this that's causing this problem.  

Tysen

• 3.  Re: TBC 5.3 ERROR WHEN OPENING DRAWINGS

Posted 08-12-2020 13:49

What is your S drive - is that a corporate Network location or is it a Dropbox type location? We have reported in the last few weeks issues that are caused by Syncing Processes by Tools like Dropbox, Box, We Transfer etc. and potentially similar issues caused by One Drive or Google Drive etc. These have been an issue for a while and you should disable the Sync Process while working and turn it on after you have finished because those systems can interfere with TBCs Read / Write processes especially when you are working with external data like Point Clouds or Imagery etc.

If it is just a Network Drive that should work, I cannot say I have tried it recently, but unless your IT team have changed permissioning or security on the drive, there is no known reason why that will no longer work. Working off a Backup Drive or Thumb Drive is basically the same process and that is working fine as I do that all the time personally, but if it is a corporate Network I would take a look at that with your IT department.

I will ask Trimble if they are seeing anything like this as a reference

Alan 

• 4.  Re: TBC 5.3 ERROR WHEN OPENING DRAWINGS

Posted 08-12-2020 16:00

I just got this email back from the QA team

In the past there have been issues with point clouds when working with TBC projects on remote drives. A bug has been entered and the SDE team confirmed that it will take weeks to investigate and address. PM will need to prioritize this task in order to address it. 

PM = Product Management

Are you having issues with projects that contain external data - Point Clouds or Imagery etc?

Alan