Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

• 1.  What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 02-13-2019 08:48
      |   view attached

Hello, looking for a way to add a High Resolution image of my 3d view to a plan sheet. The snipping tool image doesn't provide the sharpest image.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 02-13-2019 09:27

You can use the Capture Image command in TBC to do this - but that will capture the entire 3D View with the XYZ indicator in Lower Left Corner. If you just want to capture the 3D View I use Snagit - that captures at the Monitor Resolution and is way better than the Snipping Tool in terms of the quality of the image

I captured using all 3 methods below, and it is in some ways hard to tell the difference on the model I selected, however Capture Image or Snagit is my preferred way to do this - On a Large High Res Monitor, capturing e.g. a Floated 3D View using Capture Image or Snagit will give you the best results (in my experience)

Capture Image Quality (at 300 DPI)

Snipping Tool Quality

Snagit Quality

• 3.  Re: What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 02-13-2019 13:27

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 06-26-2019 07:13

Hello Tom,

a way to have the sheet getting updated if the model changes would be as follows.

Rotate your model to the right angle in the 3D View.

Use the plane manager to create a plane and use the default option "parallel to active view".

Then open that plane as cutting plane view. Draw a rectangle or whatever you would use for a dynaview in the cutting plane view window.

Create a Dynaview on the sheet.

I believe that way the print out quality is also better since it shouldn't end up as raster image in the PDF.

• 5.  Re: What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 06-27-2019 04:07

Thanks, I'll try that.

• 6.  Re: What is the best way to capture a High Resolution image to add to a plan sheet.

Posted 06-27-2019 14:44

I would also use Capture Image in TBC - if you are running at High Res on

e.g. a 4K screen that captures a very nice image - however if it is a 3D

view it will capture the XYZ axis indicator in lower left as well as the

image you want. The capture is working at your screen resolution so it will

be whatever resolution you are running up to 300 DPI - which is generally

pretty good. Failing that I use Snagit which also seems to capture high

quality images from my screens.

If you find the right solution let us know - would be good to know what you

found to work best.

Alan

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 5:07 AM tmauriello@rlcos.com <trimble@jiveon.com>