Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC CUSTOM CAD COMMAND RIBBON

• 1.  TBC CUSTOM CAD COMMAND RIBBON

Posted 10-23-2020 01:56

Is it possible to create a custom ribbon similar to AutoCAD layer ribbon

1. add the layer command from the CAD command line to the ribbon?
    2. add the layer groups which could filter the layer drop down menu?
    3. add the isolate/hide /filter commands

• 2.  Re: TBC CUSTOM CAD COMMAND RIBBON

Posted 10-24-2020 11:38

You want this to control the default values in all commands when creating objects right?

I can get that looked into but if all commands need to know about it it could be hard or easy. I am not sure that the menus can have those types of select / settings controls - I guess the View Filter has a selector so may be possible

Let me find out what is possible.

It would seem that a menu is not really the best place for that - would may be better in the footer bar or quick access toolbar so it is always there regardless of menu selected?

Alan

• 3.  Re: TBC CUSTOM CAD COMMAND RIBBON

Posted 10-24-2020 14:15

Hey Alan

Thanks for the quick reply

We have quite a few licenses of TBC, but the surveyor/engineers tend to stick with what they know (AutoCAD because that's what they are comfortable with, even though they have had TBC training). To help with the learning transition, it would be really good if we could have a replica AutoCad menu to give them some comfort. 

I've started creating a CAD style menu using the CAD icon to give some familiarity to the team, 

Layer menu is used a lot by the team in an AutoCAD environment

We should be able to give each user the choice, of how the menu should look and function.

Gav