Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.0 Automatic/Manual Point Feature Extraction Functionality

• 1.  TBC 5.0 Automatic/Manual Point Feature Extraction Functionality

Posted 01-14-2019 17:44
      |   view attached

We are investigating the practical use case for point feature extraction within TBC 5.0 and we have a demo license but when I classify the regions of several different point cloud data sets the automatic feature extractions for both poles and signs becomes grayed out. Is this a demo limitation or a functionality not fully implemented within TBC yet?

I also see the ability to add photo points and manually georeference the added photos however is there a way to batch georeference images with a CSV of locations if the photos are within the same folder for point feature extraction QA/QC?

The ultimate goal is to have a smooth workflow of automated feature extraction road features from mobile LiDAR data and then QA/QC the extracted points with added point photos and then add the data to an existing GIS.

Thank you in advance for any help.

• 2.  Re: TBC 5.0 Automatic/Manual Point Feature Extraction Functionality

Posted 01-16-2019 13:45

Hi Eric,

We only support automatic extraction for trees so far, and the radio button will grey out when you switch to poles or signs. 

I don't think we have a batch processing tool to attach all photos to the corresponding points right now. But I do see it as a very valuable workflow. Do you mind if I contact you directly to understand your workflow better? My email address is rui_wu@trimble.com.

Thank you.

Rui