Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Point Clouds - Classify Regions

• 1.  Point Clouds - Classify Regions

Posted 08-21-2018 09:54

Is there a way to create a point cloud region using a polygon? I recognize you can use the polygon select tool to create a polygon region, but what I'm looking for is a way to have an editable shape that I can use to quickly edit my point cloud regions - to be able to select by a polygon instead of having to draw a new polygon with the polygon select tool each time the region may need to be updated.

• 2.  Re: Point Clouds - Classify Regions

Posted 12-06-2019 05:36

Hopefully you have found this already but if not:

This is a very useful TML.

It can be downloaded here. 

TMLs - Rockpile Solutions 

• 3.  Re: Point Clouds - Classify Regions

Posted 12-20-2019 12:40

Can you select a point cloud by multiple boundaries? For examples while in polygon select, once I double click to highlight my selection to be added to a different region it takes a while for that command to happen, then once I click add it also takes my computer time to process that step. Ideally we could draw multiple polygons around all items to be removed or added to a different region and select them all at once and add the point cloud inside each boundary selected to a region. 

• 4.  Re: Point Clouds - Classify Regions

Posted 12-30-2019 06:10

I don't believe so at this time. It might be a limitation of the polygon select but I am not sure on that.

I do like this idea. I deal with a lot of stockpiles and that would help to speed up the classification process.

I would suggested requesting on here TBC Macros and Extensions. The may be able to adapt the existing TML or create another one if that is a feasible workflow.