Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

bug earthworks report V5.30

• 1.  bug earthworks report V5.30

Posted 04-30-2020 00:11

If I run a Earthworks report with a self drawn boundary I get a proper result.

But using a closed loop daylight line from the Isopach as boundary the program doesn't compute anything it shows 0, it spits out the report instantaneously. Some initial test on the boundary stops the report to compute the volumes.

It shows an area value but the triangulated area is zero.

Even if I macro explode and rejoin it,  offset, edit the shape, change the elevation, change direction or export/reimport that line as DXF it still computes zero. Unclear why.

• 2.  Re: bug earthworks report V5.30

Posted 04-30-2020 00:48

Have you checked that isopath for "Crossing Geometry"? Use TBC command.

Volume calcs don't like doubled up points.

• 3.  Re: bug earthworks report V5.30

Posted 04-30-2020 15:53

Good hint!

The Isopach line should by theory not cross itself and the data prep - loop remove didn't find anything.

But after running the "data prep - filter vertices" on the line it removed several hundred vertices and it did now do the volume computation.

For another test I then exploded the original line again and did run the "data prep - zero length removal" with a filter of 1 mm and it did remove 25 segments. After rejoining the rest of it, it also did do the computation.

So it seems there is a test for small segments within the boundary. But instead of spitting out just Zero it should tell you why it won't compute. After all, it does accept the boundary, it won't accept open line work for instance.

And it does compute the area within the boundary, but maybe it's just taking that information from the boundary property tab.

• 4.  Re: bug earthworks report V5.30

Posted 05-06-2020 01:50

I had the same problem, look here: TBC 5.30 - Error with Earthwork Report