Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

IBSS description in Worksmanager

• 1.  IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 00:12

Do the developers of Worksmanager have any plan of implementing description field like in TCC? It is very useful when you have more then 10 bases and you need to check for the IP address and the access password. Currently we can not write any "notes" pertaining to the IBSS bases.

#worksmanager #ibssbase #developmentwishes

• 2.  Re: IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 04:57

The Description Field should show in IBSS for all connected devices IMO that way I don't have to use a piece of paper to see what is connected by serial number 

• 3.  Re: IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 05:04

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. So in TCC like in Worksmanager you can always click on the base and see which device is connected. So in TCC you can add the description field where I normally write my Radio frequency, Static IP and credentials (unfortunately it is not same credentials for all of them) and I am missing that in Worksmanager. Currently all that I need to have in a Excel sheet or on a piece of paper and like this it would be more practical IMO.

• 4.  Re: IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 05:12

in Worksmanager  under connected devices you will see a serial number connected as shown below

so i have to pull out  Paper with Serial number to figure out what is connected, if description field was shown like in TCC then I would see my description and know what machine or controller is connected. As shown below

• 5.  Re: IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 05:16

You are right, sorry for my misunderstanding. That is also a valid point to Worksmanager developers.

Venlig hilsen,

Filip Slavnic

• 6.  Re: IBSS description in Worksmanager

Posted 10-30-2020 05:23

Thanks for the feedback @Filip Slavnic@Ben Brown. Agreed, and I have taken up in the backlog. We will endeavor to get this implemented shortly.