Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

• 1.  How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-05-2018 00:37

How can I see the notes, I added to my measurements in the field, in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

• 2.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-05-2018 11:52

Totally agree with you here it would be very useful to be able to do this,

or have them appear automatically along with points/codes etc and added to the view filter.

I have asked for this before 

• 3.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-05-2018 11:53

I believe notes in TBC can currently only be viewed in the project explorer under the associated job. 

• 4.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-05-2018 11:56

Adam 

see comment above. Surely it cannot be that difficult to

add notes to the points spreadsheet as an option?

or be able

to create a label using the note content?

• 5.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-05-2018 12:15

It is something that's on our radar. TBC currently hasn't integrated much with notes coming from TA so it's hard to tell what the scope of this type of development may be. The feedback is always appreciated to know what end users may be looking for though.

• 6.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-08-2018 13:52

We use the notes in TA for all our additionel Texts and for extra parameters for construction codes. Currently extracting them from the dc file and parsing them to the description field in the TGO points table, from there we can report and export as needed. Yes still TGO! I have been looking How to import them into TBC ... without succes so far.

We prefer notes above description fields 1 & 2, no issues with limited length & full control of what the notefield remembers with control-C & Ctrl-V. Love the open structure of the TGO tables!

• 7.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 12-27-2019 06:59

Well, It,s been 2 years since We discussed the notes. 
    we just moved from TGO to TBC and I solved our Note Issue with an additional small software routine to read the notes from the jobxml and store them back Add description1 in a copy of the same jobxml. Doing so makes them available for export from TBC. I hope this will be a temporary fix, and hope one of the next TBC will have enhanced note support.

One of the thing to take in account is that the TA software makes a lot of her own notes. So we start all our own notes with at least one dot (also related to our field coding system for Belgian GeOpus)

if anyone is interested code is freeware and build in Free Pascal with Lazarus.

christof.

• 8.  RE: Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 05-21-2022 01:57
    Bump this again because 4 years down the track, nothing done about this. Really want the notes to show in TBC. At the moment notes are so inaccessible and hidden deep within each job in project explorer.

------------------------------
    Makato Gonzo

• 9.  RE: Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 05-21-2022 09:03
    is this something close to the request?

https://community.trimble.com/blogs/hannah-poon/2022/04/29/copying-spreadsheets-from-tbc?CommunityKey=d961b046-1661-40f3-8d7e-0bde6866a14d

Francisco Guerrero

• 10.  RE: Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 05-24-2022 16:59
    Hey, thanks for replying.

Notes is ctrl+n in Trimble Access and you can attach notes to a point. A notes column doesn't seem to be something I can turn on to show in the spreadsheet. It seems to me that Home>Export>Custom does the same job as Home>Points>copy to spreadsheet.

Makato Gonzo

• 11.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-06-2018 01:16

Hallo Adam

I'am a little bit shocked that it is not possible. I was afraid that it is just me can't figure it out. That makes no sense that i can not see my notes in TBC.

The possibility to see notes in the projekt explorer is totally user unfriendly. Its a waste of time to find one note in hundreds of measurements. It can't be that difficult for Trimble and get this fixed.

• 12.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 03-06-2018 01:39

Totally agree Carsten

One of my reason is that I dont want t be making notes in a notepad, I can go paper free and make all my notes electronically. It makes sense to have them displayed- I cant believe this wasn't implemented many years ago!

Currently I have to create a csv/text file of all my points using the " comma delimated with notes" style sheet- very old fashioned /long winded way of doing this

Alan

• 13.  Re: How can I see notes in a pointlist / spreadsheet in TBC?

Posted 09-20-2019 08:00

I'm bumping this because it's been ages and there's another thread with no better result.

https://community.trimble.com/message/18686-re-can-we-improve-how-field-notes-are-shown-in-tbc?commentID=18686#comment-1… 

Cheers