Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Macros : Dwg exported from a cross section surface

• 1.  Macros : Dwg exported from a cross section surface

Posted 06-03-2019 02:12

Hi guys,

Someone of you has created a macros with the possibility to export a section from the operation"Funtion of division of surface" ?

A lot of costumers ask for this. They want to have the profile of the section.

At the moment i know that is possibile to export the polyline or the profile but just with pdf 3d.

Thank in advance.

• 2.  Re: Macros : Dwg exported from a cross section surface

Posted 06-03-2019 13:10

Steffano

I am not sure I understand the question. We already have Cross Section generation functions in TBC if that is what you are looking for - we can generate many sheets or what I call a Big Sheet Cross Section output from TBC of Cross Sections and also Profiles and these are in the product not macros. 

There are videos already on the Forum on how to do this - if you need help finding those let me know and I will send you the links.

Above is an example of Cross Section Generation from TBC (this is just one section but you can generate all sections for  a project and lay them out on one or multiple sheets - output can be 2D PDF or DWG File (not 3D PDF as you suggested in your posting)

Alan

• 3.  Re: Macros : Dwg exported from a cross section surface

Posted 06-03-2019 13:38

Hi Alan,

Tx you very much for your precious answer.

So this is a pdf 3d of a section from the operation called "Function of division of surface".

It's a nice result but ,a section in a pdf does not have a real meaning. For our division it's better to have a dwg or a jpeg, and you can generate it with the window tool called "capture screen" or also with Powerpoint.

I know that with tbc you can export sections but, you can do it, after the creation of a corridor model.

And sometimes, i need a section without creating the corridor model. Example: I need to create 10 sections on a Gps Survey of a quarry. And, I think that i can not do it right now without creating the corridor model. So I am looking for other ways to do it faster and easily.

Can you tell me more about this?

I am waiting the same exporting operation from the platform "Trimble Stratus" and, again, you can see the section but you can not export it. Just in a pdf report.

Thank you for your time and availability.

SRP