Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Machine control files with Trimble access

• 1.  Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-14-2019 23:58

Hi all,

I'm using Trimble access and struggling to get the files off the TSC3 which I need for setting up the machine control on to the Dozer system (CB460). I have done the site calibration on the rover, I'm just unsure how I export the cal file using Trimble access and what file I need for the dozer. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

• 2.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-15-2019 10:26

SCS900 data collector software will export files as machine files, but I'm not familiar with Access.  It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't   If your GCS900 machine control box software has the right firmware (12.8 or up I think???) it can use the same .cal file that the data collector uses.  Also the GCS900 software will read DXF and TTM files.  That means the files in the machine do not have to be SVL, SVD, and CFG proprietary files.  But it seems like the DXF and TTM files take longer to load in the CB460.  

If you can get to a computer with Business Center, obviously, it can import and export any machine control files you need from you data collector files.  

• 3.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-15-2019 13:14

Thanks for the reply.

I have business centre so can export the SVD and SVL files, i’m just unsure of the .cal file. Trimble access gives the option of exporting a DC file, but how do I convert this to a .cal file on business centre? 

• 4.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-15-2019 14:45

If you're using the "Machine Job Site Design exporter" option to create your machine files, then the correct calibration (CFG file) will be exported along with the SVL and SVD.  You will you have to have imported the CAL file into your Business Center site to get the GCS900 machine calibration (CFG) file.  Have you imported your calibration into Business Center yet? 

I don't use this method as I have all my machines set up in the Controller Manager.  This will export the files the same way the data collector files get exported to sync and to a specific folder.  TBC can then copy those to a USB drive with another command.  But the exporter above will get you what you need.   

• 5.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-16-2019 02:43

I've dropped the DC file from Trimble access into TBC, then exported the design as normal and it has gave me a .CAL and CFG file. 

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. 

• 6.  RE: Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 04-21-2023 13:59

Did this work on the Excavator Tablet? I created a ProjectLibrary file on TBC using the DC file but it wouldn't display my map/lines/surface  on the tablet screen. I have used .cal files before but this is a first with a .dc file.

------------------------------
    Michael Orr
    ------------------------------

• 7.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-15-2019 15:00

You can just rename the .DC file to .CAL in windows.

• 8.  Re: Machine control files with Trimble access

Posted 08-15-2019 19:43

you can also just read the JXL file or job file from Access into TBC - the calibration info will get written out as a CFG automatically on creating the machine files - there is no need to create a CAL or DC file on Access - the JOB file is just fine.

Alan