Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Explode corridor surface with line COLORS

• 1.  Explode corridor surface with line COLORS

Posted 11-18-2020 09:30

The process of recoloring linework generated after exploding a corridor surface is very tedious, repetitive, and time consuming; which is the perfect recipe for a new command.  I don't really care how it accomplishes it, but it should really be possible somehow to assign a color to each node.  Here are some suggestions for accomplishing that:

1) In the corridor template editor where the user enters a name there could also be an option there to select a color.  For example I name a node EOP, then choose color magenta.  When the corridor surface is exploded, there is a linestring named EOP and its color is magenta.

2) Add a whole new "Node Manager" where the user could choose to leave this blank and have the software continue working exactly the same way it does now, or a user could setup various nodes defined by their name and have properties assigned to them that may not only be color but include lineweight, linestyle, layer, etc., etc.  Then in the corridor template editor when a node name is selected from the drop down the associated properties are tagged in the background and when the corridor surface is exploded the generated linework drops onto the assigned layers with all the assigned properties.

3) The existing "Manage Template Node Names" command could probably have extended functionality added to it to get something similar to #2.

• 2.  Re: Explode corridor surface with line COLORS

Posted 11-18-2020 11:14

Yes @Wayne Welshans Very nice suggestion, I would like to second that. This would make the corridors a bit smarter with better output.

• 3.  Re: Explode corridor surface with line COLORS

Posted 11-18-2020 16:37

Name you nodes in the corridor model and then "select similar" and change the colour based on the name?

The fastest way would be to use "Map Objects" (if you're based in AUS/NZ):

https://www.trimblebusinesscenter.com.au/docs/Map_Objects.pdf