Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Autocad layout conversion into ground layout

• 1.  Autocad layout conversion into ground layout

Posted 12-23-2020 01:31

I got to know that if we traverse using a total station between two GPS points , we have to put the combined scale factor in Total station.

Question -1

Combined scale factor of which point (among those two control points ) should be entered?

If I have any simple autocad proposed drawing layout of a linear project where geodesy matters, how can I convert the drawing layout so that I can stake out those points using GPS.

Question -2

How can I convert the whole drawing so that it can be worked with GPS?

------------------------------
    KOUSHIK PAL

• 2.  RE: Autocad layout conversion into ground layout

Posted 01-02-2021 11:34
    Normally if you import a CAD file into TBC it is scaled at 1:1 as per the designers intent. The coordinates in the CAD file (if it is geolocated) are normally the locations that you want to stake and check. When you add a Coordinate System to the project or you carry out a Site Calibration to the control for the project (which should be in the same coordinate framework as the CAD file, you are mapping the CAD data to the Project Coordinates. You should then simply be able to take the CAD data to the field as a DXF etc. and using GPS or a Total Station (working from your Site Calibration / Control points) and stake them out correctly. You should not have to change your CAD file at all - the scale factors are accounted for by the GPS and Site Calibration / Coordinate System you have applied. With a Total Station, if you are using Access, you may want to check with Trimble Geospatial or your Geospatial Dealer how to apply Scale Factors etc in Access for Total Station use - that may be automatic based on the coordinate system or you may have to enter a scale factor - I am not sure on how they handle that.

Alan

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com