Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.40 new command quick profile and TBC modul

• 1.  TBC 5.40 new command quick profile and TBC modul

Posted 12-18-2020 08:52

I tried the new command of the quick profile and I find it a great thing to accept it inserted because many customers requested it but I have some disappointments to do:
    The quick profile based on fast profiles created on surfaces why is it not included in the TBC surface modeling module?
    I think that a further pre-requisite command for this would be to also create orthogonal cross-sections with constant pitch and to be able to calculate the volumes for ragguagliate sections as in the road module even if only between two surfaces because it is a fact that makes us calculate volumes even only with the surfaces must then demonstrate everything to the client through the ragguagliate sections.

Let me know what you think about.

Thanks

------------------------------
    DAVID BARTOLUCCI

• 2.  RE: TBC 5.40 new command quick profile and TBC modul

Posted 01-02-2021 12:57
      |   view attached
    To do cross sections through "Site Model" surfaces, you would always need a baseline / reference line in order to define the direction of the sections and the 0 offset point of the sections and the interval of the sections. So creating a simple straight line alignment through the site - maybe simply North South or East West across the site is easy to draw. For the Vertical Alignment which is not really needed for sections, I would simply start at Station 0 and give it a Z value somewhere in the range of elevations of your project i.e. if your project has elevations from 340m to 480m then put it at elevation 410 or something so it is somewhere close to mid range, and then add a grade break at the end of the horizontal alignment at the same elevation again.

You will need to create a Corridor Model and a Template starting at Station 0 on the alignment you just drew. Add your Existing Ground Surface as a Reference Surface and then add your Finish Grade as a Design Surface as a Surface Instruction to the corridor. 

Then you can use the drafting process to create the sheets of cross sections that you need. The video below shows how to do this.

In terms of which module things are tied to, that would be a question for Trimble - I assume that because it is tied to Drafting and Plotting it is a part of what was the Drafting Module which is included in Advanced Survey so I assume that is what it is locked to as it uses the Templates created using those tools.

Alan

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

• 3.  RE: TBC 5.40 new command quick profile and TBC modul

Posted 03-03-2021 15:32
    Hi Alan

I mean quick profile....new command of TBC....

anyway thanks for you video is very good

DAVID BARTOLUCCI