Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

T02 Files in Trimble Access

• 1.  T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 12-29-2020 16:17

Hi,

This is my first post on the forums so please correct me if this is in the wrong place. My company recently acquire two new Trimble data collectors (T7 and TSC7) and we have transition from using Ranger 3s running SurveyPro. Something I ran in to recently was that when running a GNSS survey (using R10s) the T02 files that show up in the "Import Files" menu in Trimble Access do not match the files that are on the actual GPS units. Today I almost had a heart attach because I thought that all my data was lost because the several T02 files I had made collecting static data did not appear in the "Import Files" menu (even after a restart). When I plugged the GPS unit into my computer however, the files were there and I could copy them without issue. Does anyone know if this is common issue or if something can be done to fix it? Seems like it should be a simple thing to download files off of the GPS units at the end of the day.

Thanks so much for your help.

------------------------------
    Timothy Alldrin

• 2.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 12-30-2020 09:46

Trimble access has an option as to where you store you .t02 files. It is available in the Survey Style. It can be either on the receiver or on the controller. I have historically had them logged to the receiver and have my surveyors download them when they are done with an occupation. This ensures that the setup information is stored and that there are no gaps in the record.

I also have them use the 'measure base' option for all setups. This also helps ensure the setup information is complete.

If you log to the controller and the Bluetooth hiccups or the TSC7 is taken far from the receiver, the occupation information, including height and point name, may not be stored.

It is up to you, but I find that logging to the receiver is best.

Dave Olander

• 3.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 12-30-2020 10:15

We do log to the receiver for the same reasons you mentioned. The issue was when we try to download the T02 file to the data collector from the receiver at the end of the day, the T02 file does not show up. It looks like it never logged any data (I can see T02 files from previous days however). But when I plug the receiver into my computer I can see all the files just fine. The issue is in Access not being able to read what's stored on the receiver properly when the computer can.

Timothy Alldrin

• 4.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 12-31-2020 12:06
    Timothy 

Beware there is an ACCESS limitation that GNSS logging in the TSC3/TSC7 ACCESS the files only will contain GPS+GLO (no BDS, no GAL) 

It was supposed to be fixed on ACCESS 2020.xx but I have not seen in the version release yet the fix

If you want full GNSS data files you HAVE TO LOGGED them in the receiver!

Alexander Holsteinson

• 5.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 01-03-2021 15:45
    Hi Timothy,
    which version of Access are you using and what FW are you running on the receiver?

We have done quite a lot of static survey lately and we haven't come across that issue with our mixed fleet of SPS785, R8 and SPS880. Our TSC7 run the latest Access version. The receivers do run various, sometimes rather old, FW versions.

Ronny Schneider

• 6.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 01-05-2021 15:28
    I am running Trimble Access 20.20.084 and the firmware version on the R10s is 5.37

Timothy Alldrin

• 7.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 01-10-2021 22:07
    One of our subcontractors has an R10. I managed to borrow it for a few minutes. Did some short tests in the car park. Including starting the recording, disconnecting the Bluetooth, reconnecting, stopping the measurement. I could always see all T02 files I had created today. I didn't have the time to do some lengthy multi hour occupations though.
    My Access was at version 2020.10 at that point, the R10 on V5.45. I couldn't find anything regards that issue you're describing in the FW release between your 5.37 and my 5.45.
    During the day I did update my Access to the latest version, the same you are running. Couldn't reproduce it with that one either.
    If that issue persists I would raise it with the dealer you bought the gear from. Either it's some weird software/FW collision, or could hint to some hardware defect.

Silly question, but you are positive that you had set the Bluetooth back and you were connected to the logging receiver? (Connected to logging receiver in the morning to start it, then connecting to a different receiver to do the days work, and in the evening connecting to the logging receiver again to stop it and download the data)

Ronny Schneider

• 8.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 05-20-2021 10:17
    Sorry I haven't been on the forums in a while, but after dealing with this issue on and off for the last several months our dealer / support vendor mentioned that there was a known issue with Trimble Access that if there are too many T02 files on the receiver Trimble Access will only display a limited number of them. This is not a storage issue but rather a file number issue. We had 3.7 GB left of the 4 GB of storage available, but had several hundred T02 files. After deleting many small or old files (after backing up of course), I was able to see all the remaining files through Access. So I guess the solution for now is to periodically clean old files off of the head unit.

Timothy Alldrin

• 9.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 05-20-2021 14:21
    Ah yes, housekeeping!!!
    You don't have by any chance the exact number when that would happen?

On a DiNi level i.e. you can't create new jobs once you've hit the magic number of 100. Haven't found it mentioned anywhere in the manual either.

Ronny Schneider

• 10.  RE: T02 Files in Trimble Access

Posted 05-20-2021 14:53
    I don't have an exact number unfortunately. I asked my dealer if they knew and they have yet to respond. So we will probably start backing up and clearing them off every month just to make sure we don't run into the issue again.

Timothy Alldrin