Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

• 1.  5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 02:22

Hi!

The first thing i did see ater update was this awsome feature Quick profile but i dont seem to understan how i will configure it. The scale is all wrong. Look at this video. https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cYlFQq84om

Screencast-o-matic remove preview
    View this on Screencast-o-matic >

Have a nice day!

------------------------------
    Fredrik Bergstrom

• 2.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 08:43

Maybe probably have to set scale on construction sheet?

i think you ahce two scale, one of quick profile and second of sheet set.....can try...maybe this create a little confusion on scale?

DAVID BARTOLUCCI

• 3.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 08:58

You can place the quick profile in a sheet (in fact that's expected) by picking a coordinate in the sheet view for the quick profile location. (Or make the sheet view the active view and key in the value for the QuickProfile location)

The size of the quick profile is defined in the settings and the horizontal scale is computed so that the station limits of the profile line fit in the plottable area of the profile sheet. That's why the scale is usually not an even number. If you place the quick profile in the plan view (as you did in your video), the graphics are "scaled up" by the plot scale of the plan view. That means if you display a QuickProfile in the plan view, the linework has been scaled to fit the user defined plot area and is not actual scale (so using the Measure cmd is not valid) 

Gary Lantaff

• 4.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 09:59

Thanks for your answer, it helped me but it still dont work. Look at this video, another problem occured. http://somup.com/cYlFDM25Ct

Fredrik Bergstrom

• 5.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 10:12

This command is a bit like the SurfaceSlicer cmd. The scale required to display the full limits of the selected line are calculated. The scale is computed so that the full length of the line will fit in one profile sheet. If you need to set the scale (and let the program create as many sheets as required), then use the existing planset commands.

Gary Lantaff

• 6.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 10:19

Aha. So the scale for the quick profile command is not possible to change, i have to make the line longer och shorter to do that if i understand this correctly. If i want to be able to change scale and other stuff i need to make a alignment and then a corridor as before. Is that correct understod? :)

Fredrik Bergstrom

• 7.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 10:28

Yes, the scale is computed so the entire line fits in one sheet.

Gary Lantaff

• 8.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 12-18-2020 10:37

Thanks! 

Have a nice weekend. :)

Fredrik Bergstrom

• 9.  RE: 5.4 feature Quick profile, what am i missing?

Posted 10-07-2021 23:57
    Hello, everyone,
    the quick profile function would be a great thing because you don't have to create a corridor. If you only have a small excavation and need a longitudinal section, creating a corridor is very time-consuming.
    Unfortunately you cannot adjust the scale. As a workaround I tried to change the sheet size, but the scale then jumps in larger steps and I cannot set the desired value like that.
    But, at least in Germany, nobody wants sections with an odd scale.
    -> Trimble, please change this function so that the scale can be configured. Thanks!

Titus Emanuel

SITECH Germany, digital engineering services