TBC Macros and Extensions

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Will the Best Fit Linestring sample macro be posted or uploaded to TMLStatus?

• 1.  Will the Best Fit Linestring sample macro be posted or uploaded to TMLStatus?

Posted 06-26-2019 18:18

I installed this sample macro during PUG 2.0 (April 2019) and I'm not finding it on this forum or when I run TMLStatus.

In TMLStatus, my copy shows up as a "local" TML - i.e. it's not registered w/ Rockpile yet.

It seems like a neat macro - is Trimble going to post it on these forums or upload it to Rockpile?

For a moment, I thought it had been turned into a command - there's a "Best Fit Line" command, but that's apparently a Geospatial command that takes points as inputs instead of a linestring.

I was also looking for some description of what it does (or how it works) and tried Help (F1), but nothing came up.  So a post talking about it would be helpful/interesting.

I have a copy of the .py and .xaml already, so I'm fine - but if others might find it helpful, or it breaks later, it'd be nice to see it on the forums or better yet, in TMLStatus.

• 2.  Re: Will the Best Fit Linestring sample macro be posted or uploaded to TMLStatus?

Posted 01-31-2020 10:54

Heads up to anyone following this question, I just checked the Rockpile website, and the TML BestFitLinestring was uploaded to Rockpile's TML service (v1.51 10/16/2019) and later updated (v1.52, 12/16/2019).

I couldn't find a blog post about it (for Help), but at least everyone can easily install and run the TML now.

Thanks for uploading it @Gary Lantaff!