Trimble Penmap

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Photo upload

• 1.  Photo upload

Posted 01-19-2018 08:35

When using the camera attribute on a shot, it would be helpful if several things could be implemented:

• record the bearing the photo was taken
    • name the photo (which either matches the name my phone gives the file, or changes the name my phone gives it)
    • upload the photo when uploading the project

• 2.  Re: Photo upload

Posted 01-25-2018 11:05

Do we have the option to edit the orintation of the photo before saving it to Penmap app or are we at the mercy of Andriod camera?

• 3.  Re: Photo upload

Posted 02-08-2018 15:43

Penmap is currently using the standard camera app of the android devices. We cannot manipulate the photo afterwards. Thanks for this feature request.

Pictures which are taken as picture attribute of a feature will be uploaded to the Trimble Connect project folder of the associated Penmap project. They can be downloaded separatly with the Penmap Project Manager via the Project settings and the data tab.

• 4.  Re: Photo upload

Posted 02-15-2018 12:48

Martin,

Hi, the reason I brought this question up is because this is currently an issue in Trimble TerraFlex.

2nd photo question or request would be.  Can I choose a photo or document(pdf etc) to attach to a point I am collecting that is already on my Android phone?  Or can I only take new photos?

3rd photo question. Are the photos Geotagged?  If so - is the lat/long, N/E readings and accuracy coming from the Trimble GNSS Receiver or the phone location services?

Thanks,

Jay

• 5.  Re: Photo upload

Posted 02-26-2018 10:51

Hi Jay,

Penmap for Android is currently only able to attache a photo form the camera to the GIS attribute photo. 

Penmap for Windows has a GIS attribute field called "media" this field will allow to attache pdf´s or audio files also.

I have to recheck regarding the geotag but I think it is coming form the Android system (internal GNSS position). 

Best Regards,

Martin