Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

no viewer supported for jobs

• 1.  no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 11-07-2019 07:20

Since the update, we can no longer view our jobs in a viewer or on a map in trimble connect. Was that feature disabled?

We use Trimble Connect to upload and share our projects (job files) from Trimble TRC7 and were able to view our projects location by just simply clicking on the job file. A viewer would then open up and it would show the location of all the points from that job on a map.

• 2.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 11-15-2019 05:54

I know they are working to validate the licensing within the platform. Are your viewers licensed?

• 3.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 12-18-2019 01:20

I'm having the same problem. By viewers licensed, what do you mean? 

• 4.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 01-08-2020 07:44

We only need 5 users to access Trimble Connect at any time so we decided to use the free version for the moment. On the other hand, we are fully licensed TBC users and I feel like Trimble Connect should be part of a package license or add-on to a more substantial Trimble software.

• 5.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 01-08-2020 12:56

Can you confirm that the issue is being unable to display a map view of .job or .jxl file types whilst logged into Trimble Connect web browser? Possibly with a "No viewer supported for selected file(s)" showing.

The issue appears to be related to the file version with .jxl created by Trimble Access 2017.00 appearing to display reasonably well then tailing off to no ability to view once we get to Trimble Access 2018. No .job files appear to be viewable.

There are plans to reinstate this ability to view points from either .job and .jxl file types

• 6.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 01-08-2020 16:58

Chay,

That is correct although this was our first time using Trimble Connect with TBA 2018. The issue appeared right after they offered the 3D viewer feature to Trimble Connect. Prior to that update, we were able to display our job straight from Trimble Connect.

• 7.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 02-13-2020 02:18

I am also having the same issue and similar to the other person's experience, I previously could view the .job straight in Trimble Connect which is now no longer possible. For me, the issue also appeared after the 3D viewer feature became available on Trimble Connect.

The ability to view the .job file straight from Connect was an extremely useful feature for us, for both our field teams who could use the Connect app to ensure that their job synced correctly and for our office based team to quickly view the data on the Trimble Connect website. Can this feature be restored, please? 

• 8.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 02-18-2020 07:30

Laura, I agree, that feature was very useful for our field crews. It's a quick and easy way to keep track of projects location with the number of points shot, also a helpful feature to retrieve an item that was left behind on a job site .

• 9.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 02-18-2020 11:47

All,

I agree that this was a useful feature and am working with the Connect Maps team to bring the functionality back for all versions of .job and .jxl

The most basic implementation will be to display all points on the map.

Are there any uses beyond a basic sanity check that you would like us to consider?

• 10.  Re: no viewer supported for jobs

Posted 02-18-2020 16:55

We use Trimble Connect to upload our jobs on a weekly basis. That data then goes to our GIS analysts to be processed. The viewer was used as a quick quality control check by our analysts once the data was processed in ArcMap for location matching. Another use for the field crew was to view, locate and download control points set previously, days, weeks or months ago. Perhaps being able to have different symbology between points could be helpful in the viewer?