Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Unit Settings in Trimble Connect Mobile

• 1.  Unit Settings in Trimble Connect Mobile

Posted 11-28-2018 07:19

It has come to my attention that in the latest version of TC mobile unit settings are controlled on the project level and the default unit setting for all projects is metric. 

This doesn't make any sense to me. I'm sure there are some cases where a user has some projects in metric and others in imperial, but I would think the vast majority of users would be working exclusively in one or the other. If this needs to be a project level setting, then it should be controlled by the administrator when the project is created and stay consistent for all users on all devices. Or if it needs to be controlled on the user level, then the user should be able to change it on the device level (as it worked before).

At the very least, the default units for US users should be imperial. On all versions of Connect. It may seem trivial, but this is a construction software, and many of our users are focused on building the project, not switching settings on every device on every project. Many will see the wrong units, assume "that's just the way it is" and give up on using the model data. 

Most of our users a scattered across the country and we have new users joining every week. The beauty of Connect is its simplicity, and convoluted workflows like always starting with the wrong units detract from that. 

I hope Trimble will consider fixing this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks!