Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

URL-Parameter on Trimble

• 1.  URL-Parameter on Trimble

Posted 04-24-2018 07:59

Hi Trimble support,

I would like to upload a IFC file to Trimble with a Link parameter, this link lead to another  PDF document upload on Trimble too, If I update that PDF file and try to open the file trough the IFC file, it is not the last version that i updated on Trimble.

Let me know if there are any way to lead to last version.

On the other hand I would like to know if is possible to write a short URL in the parameter like a html link for example: 

href="url">link text</a 

(I have tried this way but it is not working)

Thanks for your help.

Regards..

N.

• 2.  Re: URL-Parameter on Trimble

Posted 04-26-2018 22:09

Hi Natalia,

You might be able to use "Model attachments" function in Trimble Connect by following this steps;

1. Upload IFC file and PDF document to Trimble Connect project. 

2. Select IFC model and click "View" button to open model in 3D viewer page.

3. Select model element and click paper clip button to add attachments.

4. You can browse PDF document that has been uploaded to Trimble Connect project, choose upload file from computer, or add link to object from the available url.

5. Click 'OK'

6. In model viewer page, select model element and click view object attachments from the paper clip icon tab in the right panel. Otherwise, select Model attachments tab and select file from the list.

7. Select attachment and choose the latest file revisions.

Hope you find this useful and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thanks,

Fern

• 3.  RE: URL-Parameter on Trimble

Posted 12-11-2021 14:25
    Hi Natalia ,
    I am as well interested to link pdf files from IFC Propertyset into TRIMBLE CONNECT DESKTOP
    Do you have any tips about it ?

Many thanks in advance

Pierre

------------------------------
    pierre bartholome

• 4.  RE: URL-Parameter on Trimble

Posted 01-06-2022 07:19
    Hi Pierre,
    If you want to link a PDF document to a 3D model element , that can be done using Object links. 

However, if you want to include link to a pdf document from object properties of an existing 3D model (ifc properties) , that may not be possible from within Connect. 

Please let us know if your query was something different. 

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 5.  RE: URL-Parameter on Trimble

Posted 01-06-2022 10:28

Hi Darshan ,

It is the second option that I would like to have : use the link by an attribute of a Pset of an object in IFC

Do you know if it is on the roadmap of Trimble Connect ?

We could may be solve it by API : searching the pdf link value in the attributes of the objects of IFC and make the object links from there by API .

Do you know if some API like this already exist at least to have a start to know how to program it (I am completely new in API world) ?

Many thanks in advance

Pierre