Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Open specific model/ view in TC app by using QR code.

• 1.  Open specific model/ view in TC app by using QR code.

Posted 06-12-2018 07:48

I work in 1 mega project where models need to federated in many files. There is much more convenient for user if they can open specific model/ view by scan QR code. I'm not sure if it can be done with Trimble Connect App?

Say i can paste the QR code of store room model in store room wall, our site engineer can view 3D model of that room in TC app by just scan that QR code.

• 2.  Re: Open specific model/ view in TC app by using QR code.

Posted 06-18-2018 21:38

Hello Phan,

Thanks for providing us feedback and that sound like great feature on Trimble Connect Mobile application and/or Trimble Connect Hololens. We will create enhancement request for you and have our product team review this request. 

Regards,

Fern Udomrasami

Trimble Connect Support 

• 3.  Re: Open specific model/ view in TC app by using QR code.

Posted 06-19-2018 08:08

Hi Fern Udomarasami,

I think it will useful and benefit for people work on site. Hope we can see in near future.

• 4.  Re: Open specific model/ view in TC app by using QR code.

Posted 10-06-2019 19:08

Hi Fern,

Has there been any progress on this? 

I am particularly interested in relation to Trimble Connect Hololens. 

Trimble Connect Hololens already can scan a QR code to assist with logging on, so it must be possible tehcnically.

The login QR code appears to be time sensitive. This requires regenerating the code using the Android app just before scanning it with the Hololens. I understand there are security reasons, however it would be much easier to have a version that was static in a workshop environment, so the code can be printed, especially for links to models and views, but also for read only logon (or allow the password to be saved for a number of days in the Hololens logon gui.

Regards,

Andrew stewart