Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Search in Model

• 1.  Search in Model

Posted 10-17-2018 00:17

When using the <<search in model>> function on Trimble Connect mobile it would be useful if the items appeared selected rather than just showing only that object. That way the user could choose to hide the selection or hide un-selected.

• 2.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 10-23-2018 19:47

Thanks for the feedback! We will have our product team review and add in the enhancement request going forward.

• 3.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 06-12-2019 13:31

It has been a couple of months now since this request. Any feedback on when we will be seeing an update on this feature? I have been getting a lot of complains from my field workers on getting this tool to work correctly. 

They search for B3, but instead they get B33, HB35, B34, B31, B32, etc. What is the proper way to filter the model objects to an specific part mark?

• 4.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 07-09-2019 23:10

Hi Frankie,

Can you please share the model and project with our Support team (connect-support@trimble.com). Ideally only the specific element should be selected. We will investigate on this and get back.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 5.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 07-10-2019 06:27

Hey Darshan,

I don't think that this is a problem with the model. I have tried multiple exports and different projects and I have the same result. I have shared the model with the support team. 

-Frankie 

• 6.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 07-10-2019 06:50

Hi @Darshan Rajaram Kamat,

It is a common problem. TCM doesnt recognise an exact search criteria. We have had this issue for ages. For example, If we search cage 1, we also get cage 10, cage 11, cage 100 etc.. As also described here by @Frankie Hernandez

This is not model or project specific, its every model.

Regards

Paul

• 7.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 07-10-2019 21:37

Hi Paul Jennings / @Frankie Hernandez,

This seems to be a bug if its consistently happening. Thanks for reporting this. 

We will check on the root cause for this. 

Regards
    Darshan Kamat

• 8.  Re: Search in Model

Posted 03-04-2020 05:11

@Darshan Rajaram Kamat@Fern Udomrasami Can you confirm any update on original question of having option to hide or select rather then the software just performing a "show only".

Also on the issue of searching and getting values for "contains" instead of "exact match" as highlighted by @Frankie Hernandez

Regards

Paul

@Paul Jennings