Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Selecting Objects in Model TCM

• 1.  Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-09-2019 10:30

I am wondering if it would be possible to draw a box around elements in a model to select as can be done in TCD. Currently the only way I can see to select many objects is using multi select. This is ok when only a handful of elements but I would love to be able to select multiple rebar easily and right now TCM doesn't offer this function. Is there any development planned on this?

Regards

Paul

• 2.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-10-2019 04:36

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the valuable input. This item is currently not in our list. We will include it  in our roadmap and assess on prioritizing it. We will keep you posted when its ready and available for users.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 3.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-14-2019 09:52

Hi Darshan,

In a similar vein of thought, it would be helpful to have a "Select All Visible" option on TCM. This could go hand-in-hand with improving the selection capability of TCM.

Thanks,

Chris

• 4.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-15-2019 20:37

Hi Chris,

Great to know that this feature is of interest . Trying to get a bit more insight into your request. When you say "Select all visible" , we are talking about a scenario where certain model elements are hidden and the user wants to select only the unhidden model elements. Is that correct? Please add your comments.

Regards

Darshan

• 5.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-16-2019 01:18

Hi Darshan,

Yes, so a useful situation might be to use the 'Search in Model' function already available in TCM to isolate a certain group of objects.

You could then press a "Select All" option to select all the unhidden elements.

I hope that helps,

Chris

• 6.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 01-16-2019 20:30

Got it Chris, thanks for providing inputs. We will assess it.

Regards

Darshan

• 7.  Re: Selecting Objects in Model TCM

Posted 02-15-2019 07:02

Hi,

Just to add to this search question. It would be great if TCM could make use of a object selection tree similar to that in TCD. That way it would be easy to use a drop down menu to search for elements in the model using the embedded data.

Currently you have to use the search function in TCM which is not very useful.

Regards

Paul