Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Connect Web - Imperial Units not displaying Volume correctly

• 1.  Trimble Connect Web - Imperial Units not displaying Volume correctly

Posted 02-21-2019 13:09

There appears to be a bug in the unit setting in Trimble Connect Web. The goal is to get the volume unit to display as  cubic yards. Thus far I have gone into settings and set the units to imperial and set the Volume unit to "C Yard (yd3)". However after saving this setting and, upon returning to the model to inquire the units, I found that TC is displaying the units as ft2 not yd3 as defined in the unit settings.

Oddly enough if i set the "Length" unit to read "Yard (yd)" TC displays the volume in cubic feet. But by doing this an undesirable outcome is created because now all length units are displayed as Yards not Feet. 

Please help!

• 2.  Re: Trimble Connect Web - Imperial Units not displaying Volume correctly

Posted 02-21-2019 23:19

Hi Kevin,

Each of the units settings- Length , Area , Volume - can be set independently. Change in unit for length will not automatically change the Volume units. Hence the case of second screenshot (Volume BUG.02.JPG) is the expected behavior. 

I do agree that the case of first screenshot (Volume BUG.01.JPG) - should have shown the volume in cu.yd (in line with the Units settings). We are working on a new 3D app which should address this issue. We will keep you posted on the same.

However , in the mean time can you please report details of the project to our support team (connect-support@trimble.com) , so that we can track this to closure.

Regards

Darshan