Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Views Trimble Connect Desktop

• 1.  Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-07-2018 09:12

Hello,

I lost all my previously created views in the Trimble Connect for Desktop with the new update. Should this happen? Please check below screenshots of Trimble for Desktop and Trimble web. I already waited to synchronise and I already rebooted TC.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 01:16

Hi Bruno,

You could try to fix this issue by first deleting the project from Trimble Connect Desktop and then joining the project again. After that you need to download all models again from the server.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 01:27

Thank you @Marko Myllymaa,

Could you please confirm that if I click on the Bin icon it will remove the project only locally in TC Desktop and not on Trimble Connect server? Removing me of the project and re-join can't be an option if it will remove me from TC server project.

Kind Regars,

Bruno Ribeiro

• 4.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 01:34

Hi Bruno,

When you click the bin button, you will get confirmation/question dialog. From that, select the option that you want to remove the local project only.

That option will leave the project visible on the project list and you can just open it again. Sorry, I was talking about joining to project again. You would be just downloading it again from the server.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 5.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 03:03

Marko,

I removed it locally and I'm still with the same issue, I don't have any view on the views tab although I have them on the server.

Another issue is viewing larger 3D models on the web. We are struggling to use the web browser to view larger models or combined models (more than 1 model). It takes a long time to try to load and most of the times it doesn't load at all and stops the page. Is there a limit size/number of objects/number of surfaces to use Trimble Connect web as a viewer? At this moment, we are using Trimble Connect Desktop most of the times because of this but the problem lies when someone new enters a project on TC desktop and the app loads all model files to the model selection. This is not a big issue for me or someone who is inside the project because we can easily deselect all "garbage" but for someone new we have to send a procedure to do this or explain. It would be useful to have the model selection tree clean and load the models once we click on a view or in a model on the Data tab.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Bruno Ribeiro

• 6.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 01:40

Hi Bruno,

Can you say if this solved your issue?

Regards

Paul

• 7.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 03:04

Hi Paul Jennings,

No I still have the same problem. Please refer to previous comment to Marko for more details.

Kind Regards,

Bruno Ribeiro

• 8.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-08-2018 07:32

Hi Bruno,

Can you please send the project details to Trimble Connect Support team (connect-support@trimble.com) so that we can investigate this further.

Best regards

Darshan

• 9.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-13-2018 21:58

I have the same problem.

After the update, all my views on connect desktop disappeared. how can this be solved??

• 10.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-14-2018 01:54

Hi Bruno and Michael

We are investigating the issue and trying to reproduce the problem in our end.

Could you invite me to your projects and then share one or two view with me?

Use firstname.lastname @ trimble.com

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 11.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-14-2018 03:28

Hi Marko,

I just invited you to the project. Ankit from Trimble India is also searching for a solution. Let me know you need more details/permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Bruno Ribeiro

• 12.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-14-2018 05:00

Hi Bruno,

I managed to reproduce your problem. We are working on the solution.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 13.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-30-2018 22:05

Hi Bruno and Michael,

This issue has now been solved. So, please try again to open the project. You should now see the correct views in the "Shared with me" list.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 14.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-30-2018 23:36

Hi Marko,

Would you be able to share what the issues were with this. We are doing a lot of work with views and would liek to mitigate against any possible issue.

Regards 

Paul

• 15.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-30-2018 23:48

Hi Paul,

We had issue that caused big projects to get stuck on downloading the data.

This is now fixed.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 16.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-31-2018 01:26

Hi Marko,

The problem still persists. As you said the problem has been solved I tried to check first without erasing all the local data in TCD but the views weren't there. To troubleshoot this I already closed twice TCD and I deleted locally twice the project and unistalled TCD. After this, I entered the project again and I still don't have the views, also the model selection is again full of "garbage" (all dwgs and models in the folders are visible). Could this also be solved? In my opinion, it's better if you start by a empty Model Selection tree than having all files showing.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Bruno Ribeiro

• 17.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 05-31-2018 01:36

Hi Bruno,

As your project is large, it will take some time to sync the models. after that you should get the views. At least I got those two views that you shared with me. For me it took maybe 5 min, if you have much more views, it can take even more time.

About the "garbage", how should we remove something from viewing if you just opened the project for the first time?

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 18.  Re: Views Trimble Connect Desktop

Posted 06-15-2018 00:20

Hi Marko,

Sorry for getting back to you just now but I still have the same issue. I already waited hours for the views... I've been working without the views but that is counterproductive.

I would say that you could only show models that were selected in data tab or selected via Selection Tree instead of appearing all files in the selection tree.

Best Regards,

Bruno Ribeiro