Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Point Clouds and File Sizes

• 1.  Point Clouds and File Sizes

Posted 03-10-2020 09:32

Is there any limitation on the file sizes for Trimble Connect? I've noticed that it's not possible to upload files greater than 5GB through the browser version. If you try to do so, you get a pop-up saying to use Trimble Connect Sync to upload files greater than 5GB. The issue is that when I try to use the sync app the files greater than 5GB don't appear on the Sync Preview although they appear when you select the files to sync.

These files are point clouds and I want to share it with other members of the team. As you can see below, I've already shared the smaller file (LAS) which is appearing on other users but it's not loading on Trimble Connect Desktop (it's not loading in mine also). The only way of viewing the point clouds is downloading the file and adding it manually to Trimble Connect Desktop.

The first point cloud is the point cloud on the Server, the other two were added manually (locally). When we click the first point cloud it looks like it's loading but suddenly stops and the icon turns to the hidden icon (eye with cross line)

• 2.  Re: Point Clouds and File Sizes

Posted 04-24-2020 02:39

This post was created more than 1 month ago and there wasn't any comment/contact from Trimble. Can please someone from Trimble @Connect Support help even if it's saying that it doesn't work? I recognise that Point Clouds are not the easiest kind of files to deal with due to their size. 

• 3.  Re: Point Clouds and File Sizes

Posted 05-06-2020 02:26

Unfortunately I didn't had any contact from Trimble Support until now. Nevertheless to whom it may concern the problem uploading files larger than 5GB is now sorted with the lastest Trimble Connect Sync update. However, the problem with the loading of the point cloud still remains.@Connect Support

• 4.  Re: Point Clouds and File Sizes

Posted 05-06-2020 03:19

Hello Bruno,

I have replied to your email and going forward, please send an email to connect-support@trimble.com 

Regards,

Ankit Sulodia