Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

It looks like Trimble connect does not recognize LandXML coordinate differences between US Survey feet and International feet?

• 1.  It looks like Trimble connect does not recognize LandXML coordinate differences between US Survey feet and International feet?

Posted 10-12-2018 03:27

I have found that Trimble Connect does not overlay linework on a surface correctly when a user is using US Survey Feet for distance units . I have done some extensive testing and at this point it looks like the issue is that Trimble Connect does not recognize the difference units embedded in the LandXML between US Survey Feet and International Feet. I imported a LandXMl with US Survey feet and one with International feet. The 2 surfaces should be shifted, roughly 3 ft, in my area but when imported into Trimble connect, the surfaces overlaid perfectly ( not good, they should be separated).

I am hoping to verify this and see if other users are seeing the same thing.

If so, what can we do to get this addressed. I have submitted a request into Trimble Connect Support and they are looking into it but I want to get this fixed as soon as possible because as is I cannot use my native files and view them correctly in Trimble connect. My feelings are that US Survey feet units are common enough that this should be addressed. I could be wrong though.

The link below has a better video of what I am trying to explain and backup:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mypdUHGbD4IwcvnKMPjfIOXlkZKIWs9L