Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

• 1.  What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-14-2019 09:47
      |   view attached

I've been trying to export To Dos (as BCF) from TCW and have been running into a few problems.

1. Firstly, I can't seem to work out which version of BCF TCW exports. As far as I can see it is v1.0 because the extensions file is not included in the .bcfzip but some clarification on this matter would be appreciated.
    2. My second issue is a bit more complex. When I export the ToDo, the .bcfzip file seems to contain a snapshot.png file that is 0 bytes in size (see picture 1). This is causing issues when I try to import the BCF into other software (namely BIMcollab and BIM Track).

Is there a reason that the TCW BCF export does not include the snapshot.png file? I've tried attaching .png files to the ToDo in TCW. I even tried attaching .png files to comments on the ToDo but it seems these pictures are also lost during the Export process.

Of course it could be that I'm making a mistake somewhere, but if so I'd be very grateful if you could help me work it out.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-15-2019 03:02

Hi Christopher,

TCW exports BCF as BCF 1.0. I just tested exporting one of my own todos and Tekla BIMsight opened it nicely.

Reason for snapshot being empty could be that the original todo did not contain any view.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-16-2019 03:55

Hi Marko,

Thanks for the information. Is there a plan for upgrading the BCF version at any point? There are several platforms (such as BIM Track) which no longer support BCF v1.0.

I've been testing a few things and I've refined the snapshot issue slightly.

• If I create the ToDo on TCW and Export the BCF from TCW, the snapshot is created and the BCF imports into other programs (including BIM Sight and BIMcollab).
    • However if I create the ToDo on TCD or TCM and try to export the BCF from TCW, I have the 0 byte snapshot issue. This BCF will not import (not even into BIMsight). Is this a reproducible issue on your end?

Thanks for your help,

Chris

• 4.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-16-2019 08:03

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this. I've created bug ticket on development teams. I will get back to you when it has been fixed.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 5.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-16-2019 09:39

Hi Marko,

No problem, thanks for your time.

Chris

• 6.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 02-27-2020 02:22

Hi, Any progress on this? 1 year later. When export BCF with ToDos created in TCD still no view/snapshot... And when support for BCF 2.1? (.bcf)...  

• 7.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 03-06-2020 07:54

Hi Johannes.

Sorry this has taken so long, but we are finally improving the BCF support. The implementation is ongoing at the moment. The updated BCF support should come out in about half a year if everything goes well.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 8.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 03-08-2020 23:49

Okay! Thank you Marko for your response. 

Greetings,

Johannes

• 9.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-12-2021 13:59
    Any news? Thank you!

------------------------------
    Li Tsien

• 10.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-12-2021 14:19
    Hi @Li Tsien,

Unfortunately we still dont have an update on this. We are working on supporting BCF 2.1 but no timeline on when this will be available yet. ​

Laura Cook

• 11.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-13-2021 01:25
    Hi Laura, 
    Thank you for your answer. 
    Kind regards,

Li Tsien

• 12.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 05-26-2021 03:04
    Edited by Paul Jennings 05-26-2021 03:04
    Hi Laura,

Are you able to inform us on any development in this area yet? 

We are really keen to test out some workflows regarding use of Trimble Connect in the field and connecting to issues raised through BCF tools. Currently we can export from a software and import BCF.zip into Trimble Connect which in turn gives us a list of ToDos but there are no viewpoints or linked objects.

It would be useful to get some support/development on this topic as it seems it is requested from a few users.

Regards

Paul

Paul Jennings

• 13.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 05-26-2021 04:33
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. We have recognized the user need for a BCF 2.1 compatible BIM issue management workflow and it continues to be in the plans but at the moment there are no news to share. I would be quite interested in learning more details about your intended BCF workflow to verify that they align with our current plans. I will reach out to you to learn more if that's ok?

Kind regards,
    Jari

Jari Juntunen

• 14.  RE: Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 05-26-2021 05:03
    Hi jari,

Yes thanks for your response.

We would be happy to share our current workflows and have a discussion around this.

Regards

Paul

Paul Jennings

• 15.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-21-2020 09:01

Hi Marko,

I've tried to export a ToDo from TCD, but it seems impossible.

What am i doing wrong?

Kind regards

Martijn

• 16.  Re: What Version of BCF does Trimble Connect Web export?

Posted 01-31-2020 03:16

Hi Martijn,

TCD has no feature for exporting a Todo. You will need to do that in Trimble Connect Web.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa