Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Feature Request: Objects - Tweaks and rebar schedule

• 1.  Feature Request: Objects - Tweaks and rebar schedule

Posted 09-08-2019 07:09

Hi!

The "Objects" feature in Trimble Connect Desktop has proven to be very helpful. At the same time some small tweaks and added features could make it even better!

#1 First off is the possibility for more column manipulation - changing the width, hiding unused columns and removing the rightmost column as it only seems to be in the way (or did I miss something?):

Tweaks

As you see in this case, we frequent use "Object names" to sort the model. But to see the full text I have to enlarge the whole "Objects"-window stealing space from the model itself:

#2.  Adding columns and choose what TC should do with the values:

As shown in the screenshot above I can partly create a rebar schedule  with todays version. If one could choose to not sum the values - for example in the "Diameter" column above and be able to add the other properties that are already included in the IFC one would have an almost complete rebar schedule.

Add the possibility to export it as a .xls and voila!

#3. Filtering model properties

When manipulating the columns one should be able to search/filter the attributes as the models contains many of them - which you would have to scroll through with today’s solution:

I hope you can have a look at this @Marko Myllymaa and @Darshan Rajaram Kamat as I think this would help several of your users.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Feature Request: Objects - Tweaks and rebar schedule

Posted 09-09-2019 00:45

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. We will look into this. Looping in one more important person who actively deals with the Desktop application. 

Regards

Darshan Kamat

cc// @Jari Juntunen

• 3.  Re: Feature Request: Objects - Tweaks and rebar schedule

Posted 09-09-2019 00:49

Hi Kenneth,

You have nice feature requests. Thank you for for suggesting those.

I will forward these to product management.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 4.  Re: Feature Request: Objects - Tweaks and rebar schedule

Posted 09-10-2019 03:09

Glad to hear that you will look into it!

Don't hesitate to ask for additional information/screenshots if that is needed for further development.

Thanks!

Kenneth