Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Wrong models positioning in TC web

• 1.  Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-05-2019 01:15

I have two ifc models for wich the positioning is correct when viewed in TC Desktop, but in TC web there is a shift of several meters between the two models in 3 directions (cf captures of both viewers)

It is the same project, and the models have been synchronized. All their positioning and rotation parameters are identical

What can I do to make things right in TC Web? 

• 2.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-05-2019 02:22

Hi Laure,

Could you invite me to that project?

marko.myllymaa <at> trimble.com

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 3.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-05-2019 09:35

We have the same case with our clients. The case is already reported under the following case number

ref:_00DA0YxVI._5001M1C8NUJ:ref

Edited by Katie Holub

• 4.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-13-2019 07:55

I have also had this issue. The IFCs were authored in Revit.

I believe it is due to large co-ordinates.In my case I noticed that the centres of the bounding boxes in the web viewer were aligned, rather than being at the correct relative placements.

A workaround is to manually edit the IFC file in a text editor to move the IFCSite coordinate system back to (or close to) the origin (applying the same displacement for each file).

Hopefully Trimble are working on a proper solution.

• 5.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-13-2019 14:09

This is a high priority issue who we also experience !! We have already reported two issues to TC Support, which describe the same problem. This is not helping us in the believe and adaptation in the use of Trimble Connect in our organisation if models are positioned false.

• 6.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-13-2019 21:32

Hello Bryan,

We are aware of issues in existing model viewer used in Connect Web . We are working to solving it with a new 3D model viewer. It should address the problem above. We will keep you posted on the same.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 7.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-15-2019 10:16

Hi @Darshan Rajaram Kamat , @Marko Myllymaa,
    I have some more information, which maybe can help Trimble to fix the problem.

Could it be that the problem occurs that the viewer cannot understand the difference between the metric and britisch unit system? It looks like everything is scaled and placed wrong exactly 2,54 times. The same thing happened to me today when I uploaded a .dwg drawing. The drawing automatically scaled 25,4 times bigger. Here also something goes wrong. Maybe this helps you to solve the problem asap.

Regards,
    Bryan Bosch

• 8.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-17-2019 20:44

Hello @Bryan Bosch,

Thanks for sharing the observations. We will share these with the team , so that they can investigate.

Regards

Darshan

• 9.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-15-2019 01:10

Hello we reported this problem as weel one year ago.  Martin

• 10.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 03-15-2019 05:25

Hello Martin,

I understand the inconvenience at your end due to this. Apologies for the same. As mentioned earlier, we will keep you posted on the developments to addressing this.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 11.  Re: Wrong models positioning in TC web

Posted 06-21-2019 01:40

The problem is no longer present in the new beta viewer. If you work with it, the position positions of the respective models will match again.