Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

change project location

• 1.  change project location

Posted 12-06-2018 07:19

Is it possible to change the location of a project.

i.e. If the project was created in North America is it possible to move it to Europe? Or would a project have to be recreated?

Regards

Paul

• 2.  Re: change project location

Posted 12-06-2018 09:52

Hi Paul,

We don't have a feature currently to move a project from North America to EU (one pod to another). 

Can you please help us understand the use case for this so that we can assess and think of best way to address. Also could please help us know if the entire data (Files, Folders, Views) , Team etc need to be moved or just the folder hierarchy.

Regards

Darshan

• 3.  Re: change project location

Posted 12-12-2018 01:27

Hi Darshan,

A user created a project on North America, but our projects are supposed to be held on Europe server. I was looking to see if there was a way of moving the whole project, (entire data).

Its not a big issue, and more of a mistake.

• 4.  Re: change project location

Posted 11-23-2020 13:49

Hi, I know this is a very old thread but, has this functionality been added in any way? as the web version has no option to see all projects regardless of server location, this means that if the mistake is made and the projects are created on the incorrect server, users that are not entirely fluent with the software struggle to locate the projects. and it means that companies projects can be disjointed and separated from one another.

• 5.  Re: change project location

Posted 11-25-2020 17:36

Hello Tom, 

No this functionality does not exist still. Projects can be searched by name which is not limited to the server location that they belong to. 

-Laura Cook

Product Manager