Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

• 1.  Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-23-2019 21:39

Hello,

In Trimble Connect (Trimble Connect Web) I have approximately 400mB of projects (3x projects in total). In my iPad (Trimble Connect Mobile) this is 4GB. This is 10x times bigger?

When I delete the cache the big size is gone, but when I open 1x project IFC it is intermediately 4GB in my iPad. Am I doing something wrong?

PS. In Trimble Connect Desktop this is approximately 600mB

• 2.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-24-2019 00:12

Hi Peter,

Can you please let us know which version of Trimble Connect Mobile app you are seeing this. 

Regards
    Darshan Kamat

• 3.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-24-2019 02:27

Hello Darshan,

Version V 2.6.1 Trimble Connect for IOS

Best regards, Peter-Paul

• 4.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-24-2019 02:49

Hi Peter,

In TCM v2.6.1  , we  don't have an option to show the project size. Can you please let us know ,where you are seeing this size. Is it in the App info option or some other place. It would be good if you could share a screenshot.

On a side note, the project size displayed will be different between Connect Web and Connect Mobile.

Connect Web calculates the project size based on file sizes on the server side. 

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 5.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-24-2019 03:59

Hello Darshan,

Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. Followed by a list of installed apps. Trimble connect app

More info:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support 

Best regards, Peter-Paul

• 6.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-25-2019 02:04

Hi Peter-Paul,

The path mentioned above will give the details of volume of data occupied on the device. This will be different from the Project size . The way project size is calculated is based on the data storage (mainly files)  - that is stored on server side. This is done in TC Web. Hence please refer to TC Web details to get an idea of the project size. Request not to compare this between TC Mobile and TC Web.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 7.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-29-2019 07:19

Hello Darshan,

Here is a screenshot V2.7

• 8.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-29-2019 18:57

Hi Peter-Paul,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. As mentioned earlier, this is the space occupied on the device. Would request not to compare this with the TC Web Project size. Please consider TC Web project size as the actual project size. Hope this helps.

Regards

Darshan Kamat

• 9.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-25-2019 00:38

Hi Peter-Paul

just an idea in case you are storing dwg files in TC:

In the list of supported file types in TC Mobile there is now dwg mentioned, only dxf.

If you are using dwg files, it might be that TC converts them to dxf files when sending to TC Mobile.

dxf files are much bigger than dwg files.

Kind Regards

Uwe

• 10.  Re: Big file size in Trimble Connect Mobile tablet (iPad) and not in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-29-2019 07:17

Thanks Uwe,

Only PDF, IFC and JPG files are stored

Best Regards, Peter-Paul