Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Opening IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 not possible

• 1.  Opening IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 not possible

Posted 05-29-2019 01:30
      |   view attached
    With the last update opening a IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 is not possible. When I open direct a IFC model this doesn't work anymore. I see that Trimble connect starts, but not opens. The only way is to make a project. Put the IFC file inside this project and then open. In the earlier version this worked fine, but this works not good. In the earlier version a project was automatically made
    I made a video as attachment and hopefully you can do something with this info

• 2.  Re: Opening IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 not possible

Posted 06-03-2019 05:30

Answer: clear the old model cache

The project data can be found in the following location: 

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Trimble\Trimble Connect

Note that after deleting the cache, you will not be able to restore any projects that are not upsync to TC server.

• 3.  Re: Opening IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 not possible

Posted 06-21-2019 02:27

Same issue here - installed latest PC client update - fixed.

If TC Connect is the default app then IFC will can be opened in a two clicks without needing to create a project.

• 4.  Re: Opening IFC model direct in Trimble Connect for desktop v1.7.1.140 not possible

Posted 05-12-2020 05:34

Thank you