Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

• 1.  Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-28-2020 02:55

Hello to the Trimble team.

I took some time to try the new functionnalities offered by the last TCD relase (1.9.0.178). Overall It is really nice but I have some issues/remarks on the two mains new features:

1/ Viewing Revit files

It does not work when the starting view is a 2D View. I try on 2 projects (RVT 18 and RVT 19), and in both i have several 3D views, one is named {3D}, but the starting view is a 2D view and when the file is loaded on TCD, the viewer shows the 2D starting view.

2/ TrimBim export

It is very nice to have a BIMSight-like export project tool. And I really would like to use it when I want to send to a project manager a specific part of the global Master model. But sadly not very uselfull at the moment because the TrimBim file just mix all objects together without keeping the models segregation.

Also being able to attach Todos with this file would be very nice.

Thank you, and keep up the good work

Olivier

• 2.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-29-2020 06:16

Hi Olivier,

Good point regarding the TrimBIM export, both having segregated files and also exporting todos. I agree that this would be very useful.

I haven't tried it but can you do TrimBIM export and then export todo as separate file. Then import into exported Trim BIM model? 

Regards

Paul

• 3.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-30-2020 23:20

I tested few Revit 2019 models and even named a view as "Publish" to get more in, but still only get bare bones through. Meaning bunch of OdBmElement's which show as lines. Not sure what they are representing. I hope there is a magic button somewhere, but I may have misunderstood something as well.

• 4.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-31-2020 00:56

@ Paul Jennings : I tried what you said but you can only import todos within a projet and not within a file or a model. So your TRB file is completley dissociated from the todos (and exported Todos do not contain views or pictures anyway...)

@ Tero Laine : Yeah you are right I have the same results, the only way that works to get a complete 3D view of a Revit file is to set the starting view of the revit file to a 3D view. Doing anything else just show in TCD a bunch of lines.

Olivier

• 5.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-31-2020 01:52

Hi Tero and Olivier,

About Revit objects being shown as wireframe. That indicates that import plugin had some issues with the object.

If you see that object's properties, you should find some properties from importplugin elaborating what is wrong.

Best regards,

Marko Myllymaa

• 6.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-31-2020 07:03

Hi Marko, 

I have uploaded twice the exact same Revit19 model into TC. The only difference was the starting view defined into Revit. Here is what TCD shows.

Top is with a 3D view as the starting view. Bottom is a 2D view as a starting view.

The model contains several 3D views.

• 7.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-31-2020 17:38

If TC is going through Revit views anyway, would it be challenging to let TC user pick from the available views? If Revit and TC user are not in the same company relying on Revit model views done specific way adds so much extra trouble.

• 8.  Re: Some feedback about the last 1.9 TCD release

Posted 01-31-2020 17:38

If TC is going through Revit views anyway, would it be challenging to let TC user pick from the available views? If Revit and TC user are not in the same company relying on Revit model views done specific way adds so much extra trouble.