Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

• 1.  Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-06-2020 16:31
      |   view attached

I am using Trimble Connect Version 1.9.3.193

I am now using Trimble connect (signed in and registered) following the use of Tekla Bimsight to view the models for our project.

Our subcontractors send the .ifc files which is what we use to view the details.

The .ifc files are not corrupted as they work on Tekla Bimsight. I have downloaded the original files to open in Trimble connect but when I open them the file name is depicted red and the eye's are crossed out in grey (See attached image).

I have worked through this issue with our IT department and have disabled all security/firewall settings and still can not get the .ifc models to open and view.

Note also that I have tried various models that are 3.23 MB in size up to 508 MB in size and they still are not able to be viewed?

Could someone please respond to indicate if there is a software issue or if there is a solution to open and view the .ifc files in Trimble Connect?

Regards

• 2.  Re: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-14-2020 14:24

Just closing out my own question for everyone's information. Please see below response from Trimble which resolved the issue:

Hello Garvan Low,

Subject: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble connect
    Solution: Thank you for contacting Trimble Support. If you have Tekla BIMSight software installed together with Trimble Connect for Windows, some of the plugins might not be updated to the right version.

Would you be able to review the ImportSDK in Control Panel and compared the version with the attached screenshot in this email? If you have older version of plugins, then try the steps below to fix this issue.

1. Uninstall both Tekla BIM Sight and Trimble Connect for Windows from your machine.
    2. Download the MS FIX tool from the link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed
    3. Uninstall all Trimble Connect Desktop plugins from the Control Panel using the above tool.
    4. Delete all files located in the local drive: C:\Users\\.TrimbleConnect\.files 5. Install the latest version of Trimble Connect for Windows and all plugins.* 6. Run Trimble Connect, click project settings button and select "Delete Project" and select "Delete only on my computer".
    7. Sync project and download files to view them in 3D Viewer.

If the issue still persists, please share the screen capture of the files in the local drive: C:\Users\\.TrimbleConnect\.files as well as the list of Trimble Solutions, ImportSDK plugins from Control Panel with us for further troubleshooting this case.

Plugins required as below:

• 3.  Re: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 04-14-2020 14:31

Plugins added

• 4.  RE: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 06-11-2021 09:03
    Hi,

How did you get this problem?

I'm having this same problem.

Regards,

------------------------------
    Ariana Borges

• 5.  RE: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 08-26-2021 12:58
    Same issue for me! The workaround sounds tedious!

Carl Bebbington

• 6.  RE: Can not open .ifc files to view in Trimble Connect

Posted 02-26-2024 06:51

I followed the above steps, but did not download or use MS Fix tool, and this cleared the problem for me. So thanks to the CM.

Chris Neary