Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

IFC model object selection

• 1.  IFC model object selection

Posted 01-09-2020 10:49

Hello Everyone,

I am writing to you because I have got a problem with IFC object selection in Trimble Connect Desktop.

It concerns a MEP Model (Plumbing and HVAC precisely). The problem is that when I select for example a Heater which is a part of a heating system, the viewer select all system. There is no way to select the object Heater or photovoltaic

pannels or pipes and isolate them separately. In order to select only the heater one has to go to IFC model tree>System (see the attachment) and then find the "heater" in the list. This takes time and one must examine all objects to find the right one.

If you have already used Navisworks Manage, in this software you can configure which part of an object (different layers in hierarchy) you want to select. I can't find this configuration in Trimble Connect. I don't want to select all the system when I select a system part. For information, I opened my IFC Model in viewer like Tekla BIMSight or Solibri model viewer and I didn't have this problem. Has anybody had already this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Goodarz SHAFIEI

• 2.  Re: IFC model object selection

Posted 01-10-2020 03:35

Did you try to switch off the assembly selection?