Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a workflow to convert Trimble Terraflex offline (*.tfout) files to RINEX - e.g. a *.tfout from an R2? The Trimble Convert utility does not appear to support Terraflex.

• 1.  Is there a workflow to convert Trimble Terraflex offline (*.tfout) files to RINEX - e.g. a *.tfout from an R2? The Trimble Convert utility does not appear to support Terraflex.

Posted 07-20-2020 12:12

I would like to be able to perform OPUS and PPP corrections to my R2 data as well as using the standard Positions post-processing options. Is there any converter or workflow that allows movement from the offline TerraFlex world when using carrier systems like the R2 to RINEX or other OPUS compatible formats?

• 2.  Re: Is there a workflow to convert Trimble Terraflex offline (*.tfout) files to RINEX - e.g. a *.tfout from an R2? The Trimble Convert utility does not appear to support Terraflex.

Posted 07-23-2020 16:15

Will reach out to you, Fred.

• 3.  Re: Is there a workflow to convert Trimble Terraflex offline (*.tfout) files to RINEX - e.g. a *.tfout from an R2? The Trimble Convert utility does not appear to support Terraflex.

Posted 07-30-2020 10:34

Thanks to folks who responded directly. To help the community let me post the most relevant information. My inquiry was to acquire RINEX for processing through services such as OPUS and NRCAN PPP. Normal TerraFLex observations terminate when the desired accuracy or other parameters are met (e.g. number of obs etc.) so it is not appropriate for lengthy observations. The Trimble DL app (available through the Play store) should be used for that. Trimble-DL Produces a *t02 file. To convert that to RINEX the Trimble ConvertToRINEX windows program should be used. If anyone is interested I have a detailed workflow for the process.