Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Gps Pathfinder Office

• 1.  Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 10-09-2020 06:37

Good morning, GPS Pathfinder Office 5.85 differential correction utility is working bad under Windows 10, always tell be that 0% of my positions have been corrected but is not this is not true, because I’m getting 100% when I open the COR file. I have already try to reinstalling many times.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 10-30-2020 16:13

Alessia,

This seems like an IT/Admin issue with the install or a permissions issue. Regardless, i would uninstall 5.85 and install 5.91-8 (5.90). Make sure that your license is eligible as of 8 April 2018 before you do that. I did, however, have 5.85 installed at one point on Windows 10 with no issues.

Trimble Docushare 

• 3.  Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 10-31-2020 10:57

Alessia,

Your problem is not Windows Operating System related, and I would not upgrade to 5.9 since there are limitations (SSF record editor will not run), and 5.85 is the perfect pair for TerraSync 5.86.  TerraSync 5.9 is also buggy, with a memory leak that hampers effective data collection using a DDF.  

So 3 things to check.

Refresh or UPDATE List in the Diff Wizard.  Do this once/month.

COR stations at the top of the list will be the closest station, but these may either be down and not reporting, or you did not wait a full 24 hours before the data commensurate with your rover data is posted.

Check the box before Diff. correction to ensure your text box of the process will reveal your overlap of rover data with the base.  Are you getting 100% of your positions covered in time?  Once you find the station that does give you 100% or nearly that, proceed thru the steps

Finally, does the reporting tool then provide you with the % of data that is corrected.  I think you said that was the case. 

Open COR file and using the View by Time window, check your features are corrected.

Get back to me.

• 4.  Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 10-31-2020 12:36

Thank you Joel for your help, I follow your suggestions but unfortunately

it still doesn't work.

Il giorno sab 31 ott 2020 alle ore 18:57 joel_cusick@nps.gov <

trimble@jiveon.com> ha scritto:

Trimble <https://community.trimble.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

reply from Joel Cusick

<@Joel Cusick//community.trimble.com/people/joel_cusick@nps.gov?et=watches.email.thread>

in Mapping and GIS Solutions Community - View the full discussion

<https://community.trimble.com/message/33589-re-gps-pathfinder-office?commentID=33589&et=watches.email.thread#comment-33589>

• 5.  Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 11-27-2020 03:56

Hi Alessia

I'll reach out to you directly to work on this with the support team.

Once we fix this we'll post the solution here for anyone following this thread

• 6.  Re: Gps Pathfinder Office

Posted 11-30-2020 02:39

Alessia's Windows machine was missing the following Microsoft 2008 and 2013 C++ redistributable packages.  

After these files were installed and the machine rebooted the data files post processed correctly

You can usually find what Microsoft C++ redistributable packages are installed on your Windows machine by looking under the Add/Remove programs list